I am ok with the fact that I am low brow for IHB however.......

GraceOMalley_IHB

I have some TV shows that I love that are the BEST TRAINWRECKS EVER.

The first is True Blood. I cant believe that no one on IHB watches it, or maybe you do but are afraid to admit it.... because its that kind of show = Awesome.. gory... and well bizarre.

The second is the Tudors which I love, but the seasons are just way too short.

The third is Nurse Jackie, which I've only seen the first episode of but with Carmella from the Sopranos rings of awesomeness to me.

The fourth is MadMen... I mean seriously what is not awesome about it?

Other than these I am only really interested in news programs like Dateline, Primetime, 48 Hours, 60mins and 20/20 ... not so much with the 60mins and 20/20...

Im not really much of a tv watcher, I read a lot... but some of these are so clever and well... bizarre that I cant help myself. Am I really alone out there?

Come on...

I think it's funny that you refer to yourself as lowbrow. I know that you are clever, well-read, and would do very well with intellectual pursuits. I must not have the TV channel your shows are on. As for me, my dirty little secret is that I'm a fanatic of "Dog The Bounty Hunter". If that isn't lowbrow, I guess I don't know what is. :p

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1250506727]I think it's funny that you refer to yourself as lowbrow. I know that you are clever, well-read, and would do very well with intellectual pursuits. I must not have the TV channel your shows are on. As for me, my dirty little secret is that I'm a fanatic of "Dog The Bounty Hunter". If that isn't lowbrow, I guess I don't know what is. :p</blockquote>

OMG I used to love that show, because my lord Beths BOOBS were so ginourmous I was like... whoa what kind of engineering holds that shiz up? I cannot believe I just admitted this on IHB..

Another trainwreck I couldnt look away from...

I have to fess up that I'm hooked on the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. My best friend and I have this whole ritual going. On Tuesday night we watch it over the Internet while simultaneously psychoanalysing all the contestants via email. We are very sad there are no episodes right now. But there is enough dirt in the tabloids about the show to tide us over until the new season starts, hopefully.

If there are any other watchers out there, I'd love to hear your take on the whole Ed scandal.

^ McD - there is a show airing now called <a href="http://www.fox.com/moretolove/">"More To Love"</a>. It's a plus-sized version of The Bachelor. Tuesdays @ 9 p.m. on Fox.

I DVR Meet The Press, This Week with George S, The Chris Matthews show, and "Fast Food My Way" with George Pepin. I watch all the IRL races I can. Sometimes I watch Frontline.

Am I too square?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1250507710]I DVR Meet The Press, This Week with George S, The Chris Matthews show, and "Fast Food My Way" with George Pepin. I watch all the IRL races I can. Sometimes I watch Frontline.

Am I too square?</blockquote>
Only if you don't watch Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1250507710]I DVR Meet The Press, This Week with George S, The Chris Matthews show, and "Fast Food My Way" with George Pepin. I watch all the IRL races I can. Sometimes I watch Frontline.

YOU ARE TOO SMART FOR THIS THREAD.. REJECTED.

Although after meeting you I adore you so you're excused.

[quote author="GraceOMalley" date=1250507892]<blockquote>

YOU ARE TOO SMART FOR THIS THREAD.. REJECTED.

Although after meeting you I adore you so you're excused.</blockquote>

Aw, we're all BFF now!

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1250507828]

Only if you don't watch Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel.</blockquote>

I watched it one time, and decided gluttony wasn't my thing. I'm over it.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250507390]I have to fess up that I'm hooked on the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. My best friend and I have this whole ritual going. On Tuesday night we watch it over the Internet while simultaneously psychoanalysing all the contestants via email. We are very sad there are no episodes right now. But there is enough dirt in the tabloids about the show to tide us over until the new season starts, hopefully.

If there are any other watchers out there, I'd love to hear your take on the whole Ed scandal.</blockquote>

What Ed scandal? What happened? Didn't what's her name end up with Ed?

Graph and I are addicted to Mad Men.

I admit I love The Girls Next Door. Well, I did back when it was Holly, Bridget and Kendra.

I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition for the emotional release. I call it "the crying show".

ive been watching True Blood (HBO) since it came on last year, great show. My wife got hooked on the Tudors (showtime). Other favorites are Entourage (HBO), Dexter (showtime - best show on TV hands down), Weeds (Showtime), Pardon the Interruption (ESPN) and Jim Rome is burning (ESPN). Im debating whether i should start watching Hung and Nurse Jackie on On Demand, but havent made up my mind on those two.

[quote author="awgee" date=1250511091][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250507390]I have to fess up that I'm hooked on the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. My best friend and I have this whole ritual going. On Tuesday night we watch it over the Internet while simultaneously psychoanalysing all the contestants via email. We are very sad there are no episodes right now. But there is enough dirt in the tabloids about the show to tide us over until the new season starts, hopefully.

If there are any other watchers out there, I'd love to hear your take on the whole Ed scandal.</blockquote>

What Ed scandal? What happened? Didn't what's her name end up with Ed?</blockquote>

Well Awgee.. Obliviously you've been spending too much time on financial blogs and haven't been keeping up with your <a href="http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelorette-host-i-dont-know-if-ed-cheated-2009148">US Weekly</a>.

I love Mad Men and I just finished watching it (I didn't expect the guy-on-guy action!). I hate that the seasons are so far apart though. I watch The Office too, but I usually record it and watch it at odd hours. I'm also addicted to Project Runway and I'm excited that it's starting again soon. I watched the Bravo version The Fashion Show, and it was just alright. I also record many of The Food Network shows in order to see if there are any recipes that I should add to my Food Network online recipe box. I'll watch Gene Simmon's show sometimes and I kind of like it :red:. I also record Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. I also watch Meet the Press and I record a few news channels while I'm work during the day in the event anything newsworthy happens.

And, I should tell you that October is my favorite month of the year. MLB playoffs + NFL = a happy Sunshine.

Mad Men is probably one of the best shows I have ever watched. The attention to detail from the clothes to script to the set to the swagger in their walk is truly amazing. Just an awesome show. Mad Men is my crack, I want more but my dealer only comes around once a week.

BTW, go rent the DVDs for season one, just to watch the commentaries, especially the ones with Matt Weiner or with John Slattery. Great stuff.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1250511231]Graph and I are addicted to Mad Men.

I admit I love The Girls Next Door. Well, I did back when it was Holly, Bridget and Kendra.

I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition for the emotional release. I call it "the crying show".</blockquote>

I did watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition but quit. Too much crying for me and the houses are way over the top.

Your title was compelling.

I watch too much TV (the life of a housewife can be seriously dull.) I love Dexter most of all, but if it's non-"housewife" reality TV on Bravo, I'm probably watching it (I <3 Top Chef). More to Love ranks up there with Charm School for me... something so heinous that I watch anyway, late at night once hubby has gone to bed. (I miss Mr. Personality!) After living in England for a few years, I fell in love with dancing programs (they air actual competitions) so I watch and vote when So You Think You Can Dance is on and expand my music collection. House and Psych are great. I own seasons of In Treatment, Boston Legal, West Wing, and MI:5.

I quite like Nurse Jackie, Hung is amusing if a bit more lowbrow.

I'm in the midst of my required reading for a couple of philosophy courses (bioethics... I'm smitten), and I baked and iced my first two layer cake tonight. :)

Thanks for the reminder that we all have vices. ;)

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250512321][quote author="awgee" date=1250511091][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250507390]I have to fess up that I'm hooked on the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. My best friend and I have this whole ritual going. On Tuesday night we watch it over the Internet while simultaneously psychoanalysing all the contestants via email. We are very sad there are no episodes right now. But there is enough dirt in the tabloids about the show to tide us over until the new season starts, hopefully.

What Ed scandal? What happened? Didn't what's her name end up with Ed?</blockquote>

Well Awgee.. Obliviously you've been spending too much time on financial blogs and haven't been keeping up with your <a href="http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelorette-host-i-dont-know-if-ed-cheated-2009148">US Weekly</a>.</blockquote>
Sorry, do not even know what USWeekly is, nor am I familiar with the tv shows you mentioned other than the news shows. I will not admit to my tv diet as it is much too embarassing.

Back