I am a home owner too..

I wanted to make a post about my experiences a year ago, right when I bought. But that never happened partly because I kept thinking of writing a longish post and never found the time to do so.

So here it is, before it gets too late. We bought a 3 bed/ 2.5 bath detached condo in Irvine last November in a short sale that dragged on for four months, and until the it was recorded remained a iffy. It was hard emotionally to wait for something that may or may not happen, but we did it. The house is a BK plan, and is good enough for the four of us. Some day I will chronicle the saga of the short sale that took 4.5 months to materialize. For now, this is an announcement.

Thanks guys! IHB saved me from making a few wrong choices, and kind of helped me come up with a number for this one. According to IHB calculator (the one before- the updated version is just too much for me!) it was a good decision, almost cutting it close. After moving, a lot of things happened. I lost my job, then DH, and at one point I was so restless that I blamed the house for bringing us bad luck. Now that DH is back into workforce, and I have made peace with whatever I am doing, I don't do it anymore. And oh, I have feng shui-ed the house to get rid of all the bad karma/energy..

Congratulation on the new home! We bought our house approximately one year ago so I guess we are heading for the first anniversary celebration on the same time. I believe you are enjoying every bit of the house as we are. Just one question though I hope you can share with us: how did you feng shuied the house to get rid of the bad karma?

[quote author="Meatball" date=1257922126]Congratulation on the new home! We bought our house approximately one year ago so I guess we are heading for the first anniversary celebration on the same time. I believe you are enjoying every bit of the house as we are. Just one question though I hope you can share with us: how did you feng shuied the house to get rid of the bad karma?</blockquote>

Thank you and congratulations to you too meatball:)

I put in all the feng shui remedies that will bring in good chi/energy and drive out the negativity that surrounded the purchase. BK helped me on a few things that I did not understand from the Lillian Too book.

Yes, we are enjoying our house a lot these days, especially the parks and trails in Irvine.

In addition to the basic feng shui rules. House orientation is also considered a deciding factor. A house with specific orientation may be good for some but also a bad luck for others.

Based on the Zodiac calendar of a 12 years cycle and the monthly differences of gravitational variations due to earth's axis rotation/moon/sun orbits determining an individuals specific energy flow and meridian anatomy structure during the time of birth Feng Shui master uses the date and time of birth to calculate the ideal house and bedwall orientation.

For both husband and wife sometime it is hard to find the best ideal bedwall orientation that works for both. Deciding factor may be to locate the ideal orientation for the bread winner and average for the spouse. There is one possibility that the better orientations for one could be the worse for the spouse that might cause tension in relationship.

Other application with Chi/meridians an extra fine acupuncture needle is inserted to these meridians to "fix" or "regulate" the flow of energy "chi" to reduce pain, cure pinched nerves, alter addiction impulse, manipulate brain chemistry, improve mood, and cure some organ ailments.

1/3 of our life is spent in sleeping. Pending on the individuals meridian anatomy. The specific bedwall orientation is to maximize the persons ideal angle relative to the magnetic north. Some may sleep well parallel to the magnetic north while others slightly skewed, perpendiculer or even reverse. Sleeping is the time to replenish energy, rejuvenate soul, recharge body and build immunity. Having the best sleeping angle channel energy into a body with maximum efficency just like a magnetic compass that responds and points north always.

Our body can tolerate different sleeping angles not like a magnetic compass but over time without proper charging of energy we will get sick, weak and lose the battery that helps us to sustaining a happy life.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1257927025]Irvine home owners are awesome.</blockquote>

You can say that again. Life isn't worth living, if you are not an IHO. IHO is Panda's Dream! :)

I am actually interested in hearing CZ's story because the time frame for when she was buying was the same time frame that we decided to sell.

The Irvine RE market is crazy... I would have thought a year ago when we sold that it would be at least 20% lower but I think if we put our house on the market now, it would probably sell for the same... especially after seeing a recent close go way over its closest comps.

No need to run. We all view quality of life differently. You may like your pocket park one block away and I like my pocket park attached to the back of my house. You may like the blvd landscape by the village entrance and I like it in my front yard. You may like the HOA to curb the bad behavior and taste of your neighbors I hate the HOA period. You may like your money in the mortgage but I like my money in the bank. You may like the 50,000 acres of forest you only experience in my trivia post and I like the forest in my back yard. My landscaper does your parkway at 7am sharp but he does my yard while I am at work. You love your school district and I do love it too.

PS. You may like to cramp California in your room but I like the room the size of California.

Sorry for the temporary Hijack.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1258007541]BK sounds like he wants to move back to Irvine... he's so jealous of us Irvine home owners... he really wants a California Room badly.</blockquote>

I am really kicking myself now. I missed the 3CWG at Westpark and now the California Room is so tempting.

I will ask Zovall if I can change my avatar to "BK Dreaming of California Room in Irvine"

Just to let you know California room cost $900 in slab, $1200 in framing and water proofing, $700 in plaster, and $600 of roofings. If you do it yourself then the cost will be less than $1500.

Back