Hyperinflation or inflation?

jbenko_IHB

What will the costs of the three following items do to our dollar and our economy?

1.) 62 Trillion in Credit Swaps

2.) 44 Trillion - cashing out of Boomer pensions and retirement accounts

3.) 100+ Trillion - costs of paying for US government retirement promises

[quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1224068305]What will the costs of the three following items do to our dollar and our economy?

Small example of this is Ford. It is bankrupting the company because it has to pay billions in pension funds. As a matter of a fact 3K of every car they sell goes to pension promises.

Our government will print and print and print money as they already have. I mean they bailed out F&F which really is 1.4 Trillion worth of credit swaps, and billions more in bailing out other firms.

Not sure what they near term future will bring, but I don't like the feeling of what is to come down the road in my lifetime.</blockquote>

you sure 3k goes to pension? i thought that ford and gm is going down hill because they build cars nobody wants? or maybe it is the union that is causing it?

[quote author="jbatzmaru" date=1224071681][quote author="blackvault_cm" date=1224068305]What will the costs of the three following items do to our dollar and our economy?

Small example of this is Ford. It is bankrupting the company because it has to pay billions in pension funds. As a matter of a fact 3K of every car they sell goes to pension promises.

Our government will print and print and print money as they already have. I mean they bailed out F&F which really is 1.4 Trillion worth of credit swaps, and billions more in bailing out other firms.

Not sure what they near term future will bring, but I don't like the feeling of what is to come down the road in my lifetime.</blockquote>

you sure 3k goes to pension? i thought that ford and gm is going down hill because they build cars nobody wants? or maybe it is the union that is causing it?</blockquote>

GM and Ford are HR Firms (health care and medical) that happen to make cars.

The reason they make cars nobody wants is..........the 3K a car they toss in employee benefits and steal from R&D. A journeyman engeneer with a M.S. makes about $50K. Somebody who starts sweeping the floors makes $60K.

The only way they lasted this long is the margins on pickups and SUVs were huge. Now that they are gone..........Ford and GM are dust.

Back