Huntley at Greenwood

Will every home in this neighborhood require a water feature in the backyard to drown-out the traffic noise? I'll probably visit the models this weekend. I'm interested to see how tall that wall is looking up from your backyard backing Jamboree. Stonegate has some steep slopes and tall walls backing Portola.

You can't go near the wall next to Jamboree a.k.a Berlin wall ;)

Huntley model homes are on the other side near Park Ave.  You can however visit Sheldon model homes that are close to the wall and hear the noise from there and multiple it by 100.  There are security guards there to check papers...

05ad6601d3a808da553a162585aed2a7_zpsqe3s0fto.jpg

BBQ lunch, count me in, fingers crossed for Burnt truck, Dogzilla, Kogi

ps9 said:
Anyone got sale stats on Huntley?  Brookfields website shows all 7 phase 1 homes still available.

got an email from them stating phase 1 is all sold out ... asked if I wanted to be a back up ....

Got a call yesterday in the morning but the lot we wanted was already sold, they asked if we were interested in the Jamboree lot instead. Now we have to wait until Phase 2.

Does anyone know how much each phase usually go up by? Or even how likely people will back out after their deposits?? :p

happytales said:
Got a call yesterday in the morning but the lot we wanted was already sold, they asked if we were interested in the Jamboree lot instead. Now we have to wait until Phase 2.

Does anyone know how much each phase usually go up by? Or even how likely people will back out after their deposits?? :p

Phase to phase price increases are anyone's guess.  There's no historical reference for this area, so it's a crapshoot.

Very rare for people to back out of their deposits this early.  If it happens, it's usually later in the construction process, should they fail to qualify for loan, have a major life event, etc.

I wore rubber shoes in anticipation of a FCB child pissing on my leg but surprisingly, saw very few FCBs.  Quite a few Hispanics and so many Filipinos it was like Black Friday at Fedco.  Homes were nice, good sized lots.  Plan 3 model has a La Cornue range, that's a nice $6,800 touch.

The husband and I are deciding what we should do and we would really appreciate some suggestions/advice from TI!

1. Phase 2 is getting released on the 17th and the only Plan 2's are ones on the inside, with backyard against the Stafford backyards.
2. Don't know when Phase 3 is getting released but there are Plan 2's with backyard backing Park Ave (which isn't built out yet). The lot size is 61 sq. ft. bigger than the Phase 2 homes.

We're not too sure which ones to get since there are pros/cons to each one.
Option 1, we love bright, natural sunlight and we're afraid Stafford homes would block it from the back, especially with the smaller lot. I'm guessing resale value for the inside homes are better though.
Option 2, obvious con is that it's backing a future street and it's one that goes to Costco, so it might get crowded in the future. But based on what we saw at the model homes, these will bring in a LOT of light. But since these are Phase 3, we will have to wait longer again.

Which would you pick and do you see any other pros/cons with each one? Thanks in advance!

happytales said:
The husband and I are deciding what we should do and we would really appreciate some suggestions/advice from TI!

1. Phase 2 is getting released on the 17th and the only Plan 2's are ones on the inside, with backyard against the Stafford backyards.
2. Don't know when Phase 3 is getting released but there are Plan 2's with backyard backing Park Ave (which isn't built out yet). The lot size is 61 sq. ft. bigger than the Phase 2 homes.

We're not too sure which ones to get since there are pros/cons to each one.
Option 1, we love bright, natural sunlight and we're afraid Stafford homes would block it from the back, especially with the smaller lot. I'm guessing resale value for the inside homes are better though.
Option 2, obvious con is that it's backing a future street and it's one that goes to Costco, so it might get crowded in the future. But based on what we saw at the model homes, these will bring in a LOT of light. But since these are Phase 3, we will have to wait longer again.

Which would you pick and do you see any other pros/cons with each one? Thanks in advance!

Go with the bigger lot and expected sunlight, regardless of expected traffic. This whole area will be heavily trafficked. It's very dense.

I agree with Perspective.

You get more privacy not backing anyone and as long as it's not a major road like Culver or Jamboree and not a freeway, it should be okay (I doubt Park will get a lot of traffic at night which should be the time when you want it to be quieter).

Back