Huntley at Greenwood

Perspective said:
We lived in Columbus Square from 2007-2013. We liked the neighborhood a lot. Don't let people scare you with the train issue. Go visit the neighborhood and see if you can even hear the train. Now, the hangars are a huge eyesore, and I was really hesitant to buy a place in their shadow. Who knows what Tustin will eventually do with these waste-of-space "historical" eyesores.

I forgot who said this earlier, but if you imagine they are housing Jaegers from Pacific Rim it makes them infinitely better.

Wow- didn't think of the trains. Google maps, looks very close. And does crossing Red Hill take us into Santa Ana?

kpchoe said:
Wow- didn't think of the trains. Google maps, looks very close. And does crossing Red Hill take us into Santa Ana?

Don't forget about waste management center near by.

kpchoe said:
anything i need to be aware of in Columbus Square?? New area for me to explore.
Beware of small dogs with big calves.
Are the neighbors friendly or bunch of asians who keep the windows and garage shut and keep the themselves. (cultual thing :) )
Beware of open window with gardener flexing his "muscle".

#qwerlumbussquare

irvinehomeowner said:
kpchoe said:
anything i need to be aware of in Columbus Square?? New area for me to explore.
Beware of small dogs with big calves.
Are the neighbors friendly or bunch of asians who keep the windows and garage shut and keep the themselves. (cultual thing :) )
Beware of open window with gardener flexing his "muscle".

#qwerlumbussquare

Yup

Also, if your doing anything that looks suspicious he will call 911

If you see a guy in a car eating and listening to sports radio, don't be alarmed. He is not looking at your place to see if anybody's home. He's just chillaxing and most likely on his cell phone browsing Talk (Asian) Irvine

Perspective said:
kpchoe,

So, do the homes backing Jamboree have a separate block wall, different than the 20'+ wall? In other words, do you get a normal 6' wall, and then some trees behind the wall that will eventually serve to hide the 20'+ wall?

I was thinking about this today when I drove by and saw backhoes clearing areas near the big wall. The big wall dwarfs the backhoes, that are probably 10'+ tall!

I asked them this question when I went to see the Jamboree lots. They said no. That's the only wall.  :eek:

happytales said:
Perspective said:
kpchoe,

So, do the homes backing Jamboree have a separate block wall, different than the 20'+ wall? In other words, do you get a normal 6' wall, and then some trees behind the wall that will eventually serve to hide the 20'+ wall?

I was thinking about this today when I drove by and saw backhoes clearing areas near the big wall. The big wall dwarfs the backhoes, that are probably 10'+ tall!
That is poor. I'd have though they'd have put up trees, etc. Bright side is I think sound rises so at least road is above so it shouldn't be as noisy (but its just such a crowded road...might as well call it a freeway at that stretch). 
I asked them this question when I went to see the Jamboree lots. They said no. That's the only wall.  :eek:

@kpchoe - I've live here for over two years. The concerns for most of the folks here are the following

- zoned to bad schools but new elementary opening in 2016 and middle school and high school in the future.
- hangars suck
- train is nearby but mitigated by quiet zones but freight train will occasionally still blow horn. The horn isn't an issue for us and we feel no rumbling
- toxic land concerns since it's a former base
- there is a mission on red hill and Valencia that helps homeless families get back on their feet but not your typical homeless shelter.

I walk the neighborhood twice a day on weekdays and three times a day on weekends. You won't see any homeless folks or Mexicans from Santa Ana.  The other side of red hill is Santa Ana but it's all businesses. The neighbors are a mix of everything. I see more Asians on my walks than anything else but probably more whites than newer neighborhoods in irvine. As others have said I think there is upside here when the new schools establish their reputation. The elementary should get the momentum going on the middle/high school.

The best thing to do is go walk the neighborhood.

The more you guys talk about Columbus Square, the more I lean towards it. I remember when it first came out, we LOVED the Augusta Plan 3 but didn't buy (huge regret). Now we're leaning towards a Huntley but if the prices keep going up before we get the lot we want, I don't think it's going to be worth it anymore.
I guess I should also check out the homes at Columbus Square.

@qwerty: what street do you live on? the house i am interested is on Kallins and it is like a street away from the tracks.
Does anyone know which plan the 1409 Kallins is?

kpchoe said:
@qwerty: what street do you live on? the house i am interested is on Kallins and it is like a street away from the tracks.

Maybe schedule an appointment with Qwerty and he can show you around. :)

qwerty said:
kpchoe said:

if i told you the street i lived on id have to kill you :)

the house on Kalins is a Gables plan 3 - click on gables for the floor plans
http://fredandesther.com/template40/nextpage.asp?mnu=102833
Or just put up the bat sign in the neighborhood and wait until you see quwerlupa batman make a run to Taco Bell!

Back