Huntley at Greenwood

The plan 3 looks decent. Like all the closets - separate his and hers. And walk ins for the secondary beds. And you can create a small mud area at the garage entry.

bones said:
The plan 3 looks decent. Like all the closets - separate his and hers. And walk ins for the secondary beds. And you can create a small mud area at the garage entry.

You mean separate hers and hers.  My closet is the Malm drawer from Ikea.

bones said:
You kept that thing? Thought it was fume-y, toxic mess.

It aired out, but I wouldn't buy another one.. unless it's on sale.. then I'll leave it in the garage for a week :)

took this on sunday of huntley, plan 3 is in the middle, i thought the legacy room would have been better it didnt have three walls, may fool too tight especially if there is brick wall 5-10 feet away from the opening. the legacy room on the first house on the left i thought is a better execution in general.

like IHO said, nothing new in the floorplans, i wouldnt sell my current place to move here. we will see if crawford or stafford can make us move. crawford seems very similar to what we have now, at least from the shape of the house.

wrjtqb.jpg

These look like a good value compared to Irvine. Any idea what the lot sizes are? What would the expected prop tax rate be? I've been looking around Irvine and haven't paid much attn to other cities so don't know much about the mello roos/taxes elsewhere.

asdfg said:
These look like a good value compared to Irvine. Any idea what the lot sizes are? What would the expected prop tax rate be? I've been looking around Irvine and haven't paid much attn to other cities so don't know much about the mello roos/taxes elsewhere.

land of no land beat me to it

That's really not bad, then! I had thought Tustin tax rate was much higher than Irvine. But 1.6-1.7% is about the same.

asdfg said:
These look like a good value compared to Irvine.

We have our first buyer! This is what I've been preaching all along. You get all of the benefits of living in irvine at a 20% discount, I know location is an individual preference but generally speaking a more central location (south coast plaza, etc), spectrum is still close by. There are going to be a bunch of folks like asdfg

ps9 said:
Where's gasman with the counter? 

@asdfg

Got kids?

A magnet elementary will be opening right around the corner in fall of 2016 :)

There is my preemptive strike :)

qwerty said:
took this on sunday of huntley, plan 3 is in the middle, i thought the legacy room would have been better it didnt have three walls, may fool too tight especially if there is brick wall 5-10 feet away from the opening. the legacy room on the first house on the left i thought is a better execution in general.

like IHO said, nothing new in the floorplans, i wouldnt sell my current place to move here. we will see if crawford or stafford can make us move. crawford seems very similar to what we have now, at least from the shape of the house.

The StanPac homes in BP is where it's at. We can be neighbors.

asdfg said:
That's really not bad, then! I had thought Tustin tax rate was much higher than Irvine. But 1.6-1.7% is about the same.

All tax rates are a base 1.1% in Orange County.  The mello roos is the variable, but it's not a % of the home...it's a flat rate that many people fold into the base tax rate to get a "overall" tax rate.  However, as your property assessment value goes up, your mello roos should not, so the "overall" tax rate will fall over time relative to the value of your home.

With that said, and out of the way...I would argue that the return on payment of MR taxes is leagues better in Irvine than in Tustin.  Having been paying dual Tustin CFDs for the last 7 years, and seeing very little return on those payments (especially the TUSD CFD), I'm compelled to leave.

But...to each his/her own. :)  There are tons of positives here also...but for me personally, it's not enough to outweigh the negatives.

ps9 said:
If qwerty's in, I'm in!  Go BP.  It can be a TI neighborhood.

All you need is IHO for the TI trifecta. Oh wait, he already lives there. He lives in all the irvine hoods. Except laguna altura of course.

qwerty said:
A magnet elementary will be opening right around the corner in fall of 2016 :)

There is my preemptive strike :)

I'll believe it when I see it.  Also, just because it's a magnet school doesn't mean it will be prestigious right out of the gate.  TUSD is still convinced that there are not enough kids in the area to populate Heritage.  Their plan is to allow transfers IN to Heritage to make up for that population gap, and I'm fairly certain it will freak qwerty out (by his own admission).

Tustana FTW. :)

Back