HSBC New Fees

gaogi

So, I just got an email from HSBC telling me that starting at the end of September, they will be charging me 12.00 per transfer-in to the account.  I do biweekly transfers from my paycheck to online savings, which means that I will be paying 24.00/month to save my money with them.  Given that their online savings rate have been dropping throughout the last few years, this is the last straw for me.  I'm looking to move my money elsewhere and have settled on Ally or American Express.  I guess the good thing with Ally is that they have a checking account option as well, so it might be more convenient.  American Express takes 6 days to process transfers  :eek:

Wondering if anyone else here have experience with Ally or American Express personal savings?

gaogi said:
So, I just got an email from HSBC telling me that starting at the end of September, they will be charging me 12.00 per transfer-in to the account.  I do biweekly transfers from my paycheck to online savings, which means that I will be paying 24.00/month to save my money with them.  Given that their online savings rate have been dropping throughout the last few years, this is the last straw for me.  I'm looking to move my money elsewhere and have settled on Ally or American Express.  I guess the good thing with Ally is that they have a checking account option as well, so it might be more convenient.  American Express takes 6 days to process transfers  :eek:

Wondering if anyone else here have experience with Ally or American Express personal savings?
What are these guys offering in terms of interest rates?  Less than 1%?

AE is offering 0.85%, Ally is 0.89% for savings, and 0.75% for checking with a 15K+ balance.  HSBC is at 0.4%, I think?

gaogi said:
AE is offering 0.85%, Ally is 0.89% for savings, and 0.75% for checking with a 15K+ balance.  HSBC is at 0.4%, I think?
Wow, those are really low and you get taxed on top of that which brings the rates down more.  Isn't Capital One offering a little more than 1%?

Back