How To Respond In An Uncomfortable Situation

irvinehomeowner said:
pisa said:
SoCal said:
Just got back from the grocery store. I went to Todd's department for help. Oddly, he wasn't there. Hmmm. Hiding, maybe?

Oh, well. Now this means Iho has to unwillingly reclaim his place in my head as my imaginary boyfriend - slash - backup husband. Like it or not. It's my imagination; I decide what goes.
Interesting. TI crush? Have u met in RL before?

Of course not.

If SoCal ever saw me in person, that TI crush would disappear faster than a TI member who got their feelings hurt.

:)
Ok. I thought you had mentioned before that you had met but some years back.

pisa said:
SoCal said:
Just got back from the grocery store. I went to Todd's department for help. Oddly, he wasn't there. Hmmm. Hiding, maybe?

Oh, well. Now this means Iho has to unwillingly reclaim his place in my head as my imaginary boyfriend - slash - backup husband. Like it or not. It's my imagination; I decide what goes.
Interesting. TI crush? Have u met in RL before?

After nearly a decade, you would certainly think so, right? I've met a lot of others but never him. There have been several chances over the years. I took them. He didn't. I even tried to lure him out with free food once. Didn't work. No matter how important he knew it was to me, "Quasimodo" just wouldn't come out of hiding. But I snooped and found pics online anyway...

irvinehomeowner said:
Of course not.

If SoCal ever saw me in person, that TI crush would disappear faster than a TI member who got their feelings hurt.

Oh, stop it. Women are not 1-dimensional like guys are... give us a little more credit than that. Besides, Iho, no matter your size, you will always have those exotic, um, "Austrian" looks. Can't change that. I don't mean to fetishize you as an Austrian but from someone who's the complete opposite, that's my opinion. Hey wait, this post makes me sound like I'm black.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Of course not.

Oh, stop it. Women are not 1-dimensional like guys are... give us a little more credit than that.

But that's the problem, women are too multi-dimensional.

This is an old joke but still funny and applicable:
http://funny2.com/husbandstore.htm

Ok, I just ran into "Todd" for the first time in about 3 weeks, since our text exchange.

Not sure my reply sent the right message. He was definitely acting different.

... need to take a short break. To be continued below...

I went to the meat counter. 2 men already there.

I thought: "Perfect. He's not here. I can let my guard down. *Exhale*."

One man began trading hand signals w/ someone down an aisle as he traded glances between us as well. Out pops "Todd" out of nowhere. Scared me. He & the other man switched places so that Todd is the one helping me. (Not sure whose idea that was.)

He was all smiles like:  :D ;D :D :D Barely recognized him at first. He's grown a beard. He kept stroking it on his face. I don't think you should do that when you're handling food but that's a topic for a different day.  :p I'm thinking: "Be cool." I'm polite - "Oh, hey, Chris, how's it going, etc., etc." He was staring me down, locking eyes w/ me, smiling. Just due to the look he was giving me, I wondered if maybe I should bring up the text. I didn't. Just kept it professional. That could just be his personality. He helped me with lots of stuff. I ordered some Ribeye. He asked if I'd let him do me a favor. He got something fresher off the truck than what they had for sale in the case to the customers. He went to go make special sized packages for me. "Let me do this. I can do better than that... etc." That was super nice. A+ for effort. We talked a little bit. 'The Text' never came up.

There's an old Vietnamese lady who cleans the floors & bags groceries there. As if she hasn't had a hard enough life already (seriously, it could be a movie), she can't afford to retire. Physically, she's barely hanging in there. Sad. I always go out of my way to show her some love. In front of Todd, I said: "Linh... Hi! I missed you!!" Gave her a big, big hug. It was cold so we kept hanging on close together, with our arms staying around each other in a side-hug, kind of cuddling. When I told her: "I missed you", HIS face lit up. When I hugged her, you would've thought I asked him to come snuggle me. Not sure why the reaction to seeing me say that & do that with someone else. Maybe he thought I was giving out free hugs to everyone.

Awkward. But no new texts. He's probably just a really friendly guy who wants to do a good job for his customers (although he is acting completely differently than he did when we met a year and a half ago). Nothing wrong with that.  I'm liking the tip-top service I'm getting.

SoCal said:
I went to the meat counter. 2 men already there.

I thought: "Perfect. He's not here. I can let my guard down. *Exhale*."

One man began trading hand signals w/ someone down an aisle as he traded glances between us as well. Out pops "Todd" out of nowhere. Scared me. He & the other man switched places so that Todd is the one helping me. (Not sure whose idea that was.)

He was all smiles like:  :D ;D :D :D Barely recognized him at first. He's grown a beard. He kept stroking it on his face. I don't think you should do that when you're handling food but that's a topic for a different day.  :p I'm thinking: "Be cool." I'm polite - "Oh, hey, Chris, how's it going, etc., etc." He was staring me down, locking eyes w/ me, smiling. Just due to the look he was giving me, I wondered if maybe I should bring up the text. I didn't. Just kept it professional. That could just be his personality. He helped me with lots of stuff. I ordered some Ribeye. He asked if I'd let him do me a favor. He got something fresher off the truck than what they had for sale in the case to the customers. He went to go make special sized packages for me. "Let me do this. I can do better than that... etc." That was super nice. A+ for effort. We talked a little bit. 'The Text' never came up.

There's an old Vietnamese lady who cleans the floors & bags groceries there. As if she hasn't had a hard enough life already (seriously, it could be a movie), she can't afford to retire. Physically, she's barely hanging in there. Sad. I always go out of my way to show her some love. In front of Todd, I said: "Lan... Hi! I missed you!!" Gave her a big, big hug. It was cold so we kept hanging on close together, with our arms staying around each other in a side-hug, kind of cuddling. When I told her: "I missed you", HIS face lit up. When I hugged her, you would've thought I asked him to come snuggle me. Not sure why the reaction to seeing me say that & do that with someone else. Maybe he thought I was giving out free hugs to everyone.

Awkward. But no new texts. He's probably just a really friendly guy who wants to do a good job for his customers. Nothing wrong with that.  I'm liking the tip-top service I'm getting.

Todd or Chris?

Todd, Chris, Jack... John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt (I'm dating myself here  ;) ) ... whatever alias you want to go with is fine.

I just gotta say I dig the facet that this all happens at the "meat counter" with a "meat man".  Wasn't sure if that was a metaphor at first.  And yeah, Toddchris should be wearing a beard cover.

daedalus said:
I just gotta say I dig the facet that this all happens at the "meat counter" with a "meat man".  Wasn't sure if that was a metaphor at first.  And yeah, Toddchris should be wearing a beard cover.

Well, I definitely wouldn't trust any special meat that's been marinating in the back.

daedalus said:
I just gotta say I dig the facet that this all happens at the "meat counter" with a "meat man".  Wasn't sure if that was a metaphor at first.

I love this too! The meat industry really lends itself to a lot of amusing double entendres...

traceimage said:
daedalus said:
I just gotta say I dig the facet that this all happens at the "meat counter" with a "meat man".  Wasn't sure if that was a metaphor at first.

I love this too! The meat industry really lends itself to a lot of amusing double entendres...

And is obviously good for bringing people out of hibernation. :)

Hi trace!!

daedalus said:

Yep, 100% serious - - he is my main meat man.

It's very "Brady Bunch". My meat romance reminds me of Alice & Sam The Butcher. They ended up getting married. Clearly, a lesson learned early in childhood is that we can never trust meat men as they want to give us more than we bargained for.

irvinehomeowner said:
traceimage said:
daedalus said:

And is obviously good for bringing people out of hibernation. :)

Hi trace!!

Hi IHO!

So. I ate the meat last night. I became apprehensive after reading the comment here about what he could have done to it in the back. I inspected it very closely. I rinsed it just to be safe. Then I reverse-seared it with fresh rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves, butter, sea salt and pepper. I don't know WHAT that boy did but it was the best Ribeye I've ever had in my life. Extremely tender. Even Mr. SoCal was like: "WOW. This is amazing." I told him about my meat man.

Edited for better choice of words.

Big meat craving right now. I want Todd to be my "meat man" too! And when I meet him, I'm going to be super flirty so I can get a yummy ribeye like Socal!  :p

I'm conflicted.  On one hand I want my 1.2 brain cells back from reading this thread.  On the other hand I want Todd as my butcher so I can get choice ribeye too.

9_2.jpg

Sending in your wife to flirt with todd is a small price to pay for that glorious meat.

Back