How much you are paying for your Internet service?

I pay $30 to ATT for their DSL every month, and I feel it is a bit too expensive. I remember it used to be $12.99 during the promotional period.

How much are you folks paying, and are you happy with your speed?

I feel that I should cancel my service, and just let my computer connect to one of my neighbors' wireless router (most are not secured) "accidentally." <evil> I can see a dozen of them most of the time. One good thing about able to touch two houses at the same time in my neighborhood, I guess.

I am thick skinned, so call me a cheapskate if you feel like it.

Call AT&T and tell them you want a lower rate.

I do this with Cox every time my "Promo" expires. I had one bad experience where the girl told me if I couldn't afford to pay they could cancel some of my services.

I explained I could afford to pay that amount I just didn't want to pay that amount.

If you ask for the retention department and tell them you will leave they will give you the Promo rate again.

I just had $70-$80 per month lopped off my Cox bill like that. My Cable (with DVR), Internet (highest speed), Phone (with unlimited LD) for $100 they matched the AT&T price for me.

[quote author="Sunshine" date=1259149599]My HOA payment includes my internet service. What a deal! :-S</blockquote>

Ditto...except it's my landlord's HOA. Now *that's* a deal! ;)

Time Warner - Internet only in Costa Mesa for the low low price of $56.95. I do pay $10 extra for the "Turbo" speeds.

Unfortunately, I have no other option. DSL, U-Verse and FIOS are not available to my condo complex.

On the plus side, my internet never goes down, is really fast, and they don't complain when I pull down almost 200GB a month. So I'm happy.

[quote author="trrenter" date=1259119174]Call AT&T and tell them you want a lower rate.

I do this with Cox every time my "Promo" expires. I had one bad experience where the girl told me if I couldn't afford to pay they could cancel some of my services.

I explained I could afford to pay that amount I just didn't want to pay that amount.

If you ask for the retention department and tell them you will leave they will give you the Promo rate again.

I just had $70-$80 per month lopped off my Cox bill like that. My Cable (with DVR), Internet (highest speed), Phone (with unlimited LD) for $100 they matched the AT&T price for me.</blockquote>
I don't do that well with Cox, but I get them to knock off $15/month on my cable/phone/internet package every six months. They also give me free HBO and Starz and/or Showtime whenever I call. I've been getting HBO free for over two years now.

BTW, speaking of Internet access, I'm writing this post from 39,000 feet and 600mph on a flight to Florida out of SNA (connecting in Dallas). I just video-Skyped with my Dad...too cool! The brochure in the seatback pocket says not to video chat, but it does work and I was discreet using a headset.

Back