How many FCBs live on your street?

How many FCBs live on your street?

• Total voters
What exactly counts as a FCB? My wife might or might not count as a FCB. She's definitely a FOB but we aren't loaded.

Someone who paid all cash or large majority cash for their home and someone who has lived mostly overseas.

IHO created the term so maybe he can provide the authoritative definition.

FCBs doesn't exactly apply to the dwellers of the homes, just who financed/bought it.

I had FCB neighbors but they were all "Americanized" kids and their parents lived overseas... I saw their dad in the summer and during the winter holidays.

If you are financing your own home without the help of foreign relatives (the F) and it wasn't an all-cash (or large-cash) down (the C), you are not an FCB.

And contrary to popular assumption, FCBs are not just Asian, they can be Middle Eastern too.

You can tell if neighbors are English learners ("foreign"?), but how am I supposed to know if they paid cash for their house?

irvinehomeowner said:
FCBs doesn't exactly apply to the dwellers of the homes, just who financed/bought it.

I had FCB neighbors but they were all "Americanized" kids and their parents lived overseas... I saw their dad in the summer and during the winter holidays.

If you are financing your own home without the help of foreign relatives (the F) and it wasn't an all-cash (or large-cash) down (the C), you are not an FCB.

And contrary to popular assumption, FCBs are not just Asian, they can be Middle Eastern too.

can they be white too?

hello said:
irvinehomeowner said:

can they be white too?

White Russians? :)

Sorry for my ignorance, what is an FCB? Fresh off the Chinese Boat?...international students are usually refered as FOB "Fresh off the Boat"

irvinehomeowner said:

To put it in simpler words: FCB --> Chinese Kids with millionaire parents who bought them another house in IR all cash

MEB: Middle Eastern Boys--> Filthy Rich Oil Parents, bought the kids another mansion of their choice

I am financing my own sh***t

It's foreign cash buyers, but gets directed at Chinese since we are in Irvine.

Back