How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

John said:
When I closed with Owning in July they gave payment coupons with the closing docs to make the first 3 payments directly to them.

After funding they sent a goodbye letter saying forget the payment coupons, servicing being was transferred to The Loan Store in San Francisco and payments will be made to them until the loan was sold.

About a week or two later I got a letter from The Loan Store that said they sold my loan to Freddie Mac and the new servicer was a mortgage company in Arkansas called Arvest Central Mortgage Company. Arvest gets terrible reviews but I've actually been pleased with them.

Once your loan gets sold to Fannie/Freddie it could end up anywhere. I talked to another member here who used Owning and their loan ended up with PNC Bank.

Just got notification my loan from Owning got sold to The Loan Store too, let's see where it ends up, no payment until Oct, but I did want to put this months mortgage payment to principal, but I'll hold off for until I find out where it ends up and I get online payments setup.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Any mortgage brokers here?  I'm shopping a loan for the jumbo conforming limit , ~35% down payment, A+ credit.
What is a jumbo conforming? (>$765k but less than $1m)?
Is this purchase or Refi?

AW said:
ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Any mortgage brokers here?  I'm shopping a loan for the jumbo conforming limit , ~35% down payment, A+ credit.
What is a jumbo conforming? (>$765k but less than $1m)?
Is this purchase or Refi?

Also interested in this.  For me it's a purchase 35% down, $860K~ loan amount. 

OCRegister is a such a crappy news site. The content is hardly anything worthwhile but they want you to register, pay etc...and at the same time spam you with ads on the site...double dipping...

Cornflakes said:
OCRegister is a such a crappy news site. The content is hardly anything worthwhile but they want you to register, pay etc...and at the same time spam you with ads on the site...double dipping...

The trick is you can copy and paste what WTTCHMN posts above the link. Google gives you highlights/snippets which are pretty much everything you need to know from the article and you don't need to register to anything. ;D

Cornflakes said:

:)  +1

If you delete cookies/history on your mobile browser, you can  access the OC register as much as you want. No registration needed.

iacrenter said:
If you delete cookies/history on your mobile browser, you can  access the OC register as much as you want. No registration needed.

You used to be able to do private mode but they caught on to that one. If I delete my cookies and history I?ll have to log on to TI every time. Too much work

qwerty said:
iacrenter said:

You used to be able to do private mode but they caught on to that one. If I delete my cookies and history I?ll have to log on to TI every time. Too much work

The price you pay for being cheap 😀

qwerty said:
iacrenter said:

You just block cookies specifically for OC Register, you don't have to delete all your cookies.

Only thing I go to OCRegister for is their restaurant section and it is/was crappy. 

LaIST is much better even though it is a LA based website.  Too bad OCWeekly shutdown...they had the best coverage regarding local businesses.

iacrenter said:
qwerty said:
iacrenter said:

The price you pay for being cheap 😀

I?ve thought about signing up but didn?t want to have to pay for it until I die. I?m pretty sure I won?t be able to cancel. And even then they will probably just continue to charge my card after I?m dead until my wife cancels the card

Haha Q you are so right.  I used to have the physical paper delivered and I call and cancel, the paper keeps coming and they continue to charge my card.  I call back a month later (cuz I?m lazy like that) and they accept my cancellation and say my subscription is done.  3 months later they change my card for renewal and the paper starts coming again. 

I think after the 5th call they finally stopped delivering that thing and charging me.  I felt like that was a real milestone / accomplishment in life when that paper stopped coming.  I remember I was so happy that week.

There needs to be a 'postage collect' service to get these shady businesses straight. Everytime they charge your card for such frivolous subscription, you ship them 20 lbs of dirt postage collect with a request to cancel the sub and issue credit.

Closing just scheduled for a jumbo conforming 15 yr fixed - 2.375%, appraisal waiver, no cost and enough of a credit to give me $517 at the closing table. Sunnyhill Financial, a broker for Quicken Loans. This is my second refi in 6 months with them and it is the best service I've ever experienced.

Back