How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

Compressed-Village said:
Don?t worry, some very helpful TI member here will respond ASAP

oh me?  I'm here!
I read TI differently than most and only use the recent posts link.  And well, we all know what the recent posts are 24/7 here.
Anyway, didn't mortgage rates spike again?
I'm closing on my refi next week.  Pretty easy process.

bones said:
Compressed-Village said:
Don?t worry, some very helpful TI member here will respond ASAP

oh me?  I'm here!
I read TI differently than most and only use the recent posts link.  And well, we all know what the recent posts are 24/7 here.
Anyway, didn't mortgage rates spike again?

Mine is also closing next week.

Thanks again Bones!

Bones and Qwerty, what rate and loan programs did you guys get?  I'm still on my 7-year ARM @ 2.50% with 4 more years left so a bit too early to refi now.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Bones and Qwerty, what rate and loan programs did you guys get?  I'm still on my 7-year ARM @ 2.50% with 4 more years left so a bit too early to refi now.

5/1 ARM @ 2.625%
I believe QWERTY is doing the same.

bones said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

5/1 ARM @ 2.625%
I believe QWERTY is doing the same.

Ahhh, you guys got on the 5-year ARM program....I think I'll be looking to refi in 18-36 months.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I think you guys basically nailed the bottom.  I think rates for the 7-year ARM were around 2.75-2.875% at the time.

Yes three weeks ago was the bottom . Thanks to qwerty et al for flagging it .

But ... you may get another shot at this .. wait for FOMC in June , people will be surprised at what happens

USCTrojanCPA said:
I think you guys basically nailed the bottom.  I think rates for the 7-year ARM were around 2.75-2.875% at the time.

QWERTY likes to nail things.
Sorry. Couldn?t resist.
But yea, looks like it was the bottom. For now.
USC - I got quoted 2.875% for the 7/1.

bones said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

QWERTY likes to nail things.
Sorry. Couldn?t resist.
But yea, looks like it was the bottom. For now.
USC - I got quoted 2.875% for the 7/1.

Haha  I'd bet good money that I'll be able to refi within 2-3 years on a sub 3% 7-year ARM rate.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:

Is this relatively speaking?

Was it more lenient or less lenient than 10 years ago (I think you bought back then too)?

It was straight forward. 2017 and 2018 w2s, last two pay stubs, two months of bank statements, sign various documents online, appraiser comes out, a letter of explanations for some deposits and sign the loan docs next week.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:

Was it more lenient or less lenient than 10 years ago (I think you bought back then too)?

It was straight forward. 2017 and 2018 w2s, last two pay stubs, two months of bank statements, sign various documents online, appraiser comes out, a letter of explanations for some deposits and sign the loan docs next week.

Key words explanation for some deposits
(Baller status)  8)

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:

Sure... but what about 10 years ago?

From what I remember, appraiser didn't even go into the house, just a drive-by... and no letters of explanation needed. :)

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:

(Baller status)  8)

Bonus season :)

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:

(Baller status)  8)

Bonus season :)

I was guessing that or consulting on the side.

Back