How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

woodburyowner said:
Cares said:
woodburyowner said:
Has anyone closed with Loan Cabin recently?  I'm on day 75 with no updates on what is going on.

One of the unfortunate side effects of these large volume lenders. What rate are you supposed to be getting with them?

I'm getting 2.625 30 yr w/ $8400 lender credit, conventional, appraisal waiver, no lender fees, standard 3rd party costs.  I'll continue to wait it out as the deal is just too good...

Been about a month, did you get your loan?

There are always spasms within the MBS and Treasury market after a non-economic event happens (Disasters/Terror Attacks/Elections, etc) Lenders are hesitant to re-price into these spikes as they tend to evaporate within the business day. There's been a gigantic move in Treasuries to the positive today, but don't expect better rates for the next 3-4 business days. There needs to be a trend established first.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
There are always spasms within the MBS and Treasury market after a non-economic event happens (Disasters/Terror Attacks/Elections, etc) Lenders are hesitant to re-price into these spikes as they tend to evaporate within the business day. There's been a gigantic move in Treasuries to the positive today, but don't expect better rates for the next 3-4 business days. There needs to be a trend established first.

My .02c

If the jobs numbers disappoints on Friday then that should confirm the lower rates.

akkord said:
woodburyowner said:
Cares said:
woodburyowner said:
Has anyone closed with Loan Cabin recently?  I'm on day 75 with no updates on what is going on.

One of the unfortunate side effects of these large volume lenders. What rate are you supposed to be getting with them?

I'm getting 2.625 30 yr w/ $8400 lender credit, conventional, appraisal waiver, no lender fees, standard 3rd party costs.  I'll continue to wait it out as the deal is just too good...

Been about a month, did you get your loan?

Still stuck in underwriting.  Title cleared last week.

Just refi'd for the 2nd time this year. 

15 yr fixed - 1.99% APR, 45% LTV conforming loan with Interactive Mortgage.  Loan just funded. 

I'm going to guess I'm now done with the refi game. 

paydawg said:

15 yr fixed - 1.99% APR, 45% LTV conforming loan with Interactive Mortgage.  Loan just funded. 

Wow! 1.99% w/ no point and no lender fee?
Too bad my loan amount is just under their minimum requirement.
Maybe I should just drop 2.125% and start shopping somewhere else before it gets processed.

Cornflakes said:
What is the appeal of 15-year term, besides lower rate?

If you're risk averse or feel income won't be consistent in the long term, then paying off your home faster gives you some peace of mind.  Being FORCED to do it is a different mindset than paying off your 30-yr loan twice as fast. 

The better interest rate is of course the other benefit.

UrvineLegend said:
paydawg said:

I'm actually getting about $2K back in my pocket....no fees whatsoever. 
Wow! 1.99% w/ no point and no lender fee?
Too bad my loan amount is just under their minimum requirement.
Maybe I should just drop 2.125% and start shopping somewhere else before it gets processed.

I got lucky with the rate.  They immediately raised it to 2.25% within 24 hours of me locking in the 1.99%.  I believe they referred to some raising of conforming rates due to a Fannie Mae mandate. 

Congrats!!! --- How long did the process take from document submission to funding?

paydawg said:

sky949 said:
Congrats!!! --- How long did the process take from document submission to funding?

paydawg said:

Thanks.  I applied on 9/30 and it funded on 11/4

irvinehomeowner said:
I heard on the radio that owning.com now has a 2.99% jumbo program... told my buddy and he's looking into it.

It's goes down to 2.875% no fee as well.  Keep monitoring it and pull the trigger when it hits 2.875%.

I locked in a refi for a refi on my rental in Aliso Viejo with a rate of 3.125% (current rate is 3.75%) at no cost and appraisal was waived (loan around $285k with LTV of 43%).

USCTrojanCPA said:
I locked in a refi for a refi on my rental in Aliso Viejo with a rate of 3.125% (current rate is 3.75%) at no cost and appraisal was waived (loan around $285k with LTV of 43%).

I am looking to refi my rental, where did you get that rate?

spygame said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I can get similar rates. Send me a PM with your loan info and I'll let you know what I can do.

spygame said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Loan Depot

Back