How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

There should not be a double standard. It is okay for business to get a low rate bond to borrow money. But it is not a okay if a person gets a low rate fixed mortgage.

eyephone said:
There should not be a double standard. It is okay for business to get a low rate bond to borrow money. But it is not a okay if a person gets a low rate fixed mortgage.

This is not the same situation.

It's not a double standard, it's affordability, cash flow, and flexibility.

I have tried to explain, but you are not getting it.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

It is the same thing. Business have debt covenants to follow by if they get a bond.

We all know I get a lot of things. So watch how you use the words I do not get it.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

It is the same thing. Business have debt covenants to follow by if they get a bond.

We all know I get a lot of things. So watch how you use the words I do not get it.

is it okay for municipalities to get better rates and terms than homeowners?

Kings said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

I suggest you keep making copies and answering phones with Morekas.
Apple issues a bond for 3% in 2017 due in 2027.

USCTrojanCPA said:
If some of you are willing to pay some points, there's a credit union called Golden 1 that is has 2.25% on the 15-year fixed and 2.75% on the 30-year fixed.
https://golden1homeloans.mymortgage-online.com/

LendiFI offers the same options (I see 2.75% w/ 1 point on conventional) but are more transparent with the other fees.  Do you know how the other fees are with this company?  Not much info on the website.

woodburyowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
If some of you are willing to pay some points, there's a credit union called Golden 1 that is has 2.25% on the 15-year fixed and 2.75% on the 30-year fixed.
https://golden1homeloans.mymortgage-online.com/

LendiFI offers the same options (I see 2.75% w/ 1 point on conventional) but are more transparent with the other fees.  Do you know how the other fees are with this company?  Not much info on the website.

Not sure, I got email from them with their advertised rates and figured I'd pass it along.

eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

your non-answer is deafening  :)

qwerty said:
i ended up locking the rate at 2.625 for 15 years with zero closing costs yesterday but haven?t paid for the appraisal for these exact reasons that you guys have been mentioning. I hate having debt so part of me just wants to pay off the house, then i have to remind myself how low the interest rate is. I have already been making extra payments close to what the 15 year payment is so it was just to lock in the rate at 2.625 for a longer period of time. I have the 2.625 for a little over four years. So I figured I?d take the weekend to decide if I?m going to move forward with the 15 year loan or just continue to pay as if it was a 15 year loan. I?m guessing I don?t move forward with the 15 year there is a decent chance I can refinance in the last two years into another ARM. Or when it resets I can enter into the 15 year then.  TBD

Don?t leave us hanging!

Last week I locked 2.99% 15 yr fixed jumbo conforming - 75% LTV, no fees, no appraisal - literally a free loan. Today that same deal is good for 2.875.

Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

In other words, big companies are taking on LTD aka long term debt because the rate to borrow is cheap. Even cheaper now.

I take back what I previously said. Making copies and answering phones seems like too much to handle for you. Maybe you should refill my soda.

@bones - I have uploaded the documents and am probably going to move forward with the loan. However, I still have not paid for the appraisal :)

I?ll let you know in the next couple of days the final decision.

eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

In other words, big companies are taking on LTD aka long term debt because the rate to borrow is cheap. Even cheaper now.

swing and a miss.  i asked about municipalities.  did you take your add medication today?

Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

swing and a miss.  i asked about municipalities.  did you take your add medication today?

Nope. I don?t miss. I have to becareful that I do not go to far. Because you might cry and hide in the corner.

paydawg said:
50 bps rate cut by the Fed this morning!!??  WTF

And more coming, we are going to a 0% Fed Funds Rate by mid year and a 10-year bond below 1%. 

Qwerty, I'd cancel that refi because you'll be able to get a lower rate.

Back