How is OC Doing Blog Post: Or DavidAZ jumps on BK

[quote author="skek" date=1229671513]So, IrvineRenter, yesterday you opened up a can of worms between BK and AzDavid. Today you incite your old friend in CG to riot. What do you have in store for us tomorrow?</blockquote>

Hehehehe... your house is being profiled... sucka!

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1229672906][quote author="skek" date=1229671513]So, IrvineRenter, yesterday you opened up a can of worms between BK and AzDavid. Today you incite your old friend in CG to riot. What do you have in store for us tomorrow?</blockquote>

The revelation of Graphrix's true identity and He will be entitled to an inheritance of $20 billion.</blockquote>

Um... it's not an inheritance, but a settlement from Justin Timberlake (he is soooo dreamy, even if I had to sue his cute ass). I'm Katelyn b*tch!

[quote author="Bitter Renter" date=1229688188]BTW, Bkshopr, in case you didn't check "Notify me of follow-up comments?" when posting in the comments section of <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/the-fringe/">today's blog</a>, I wanted to note that I addressed a question to you:

[quote author="Bitter Renter" date=1229684640]Hey, good to see you in the comments section, bkshopr?haven?t noticed you here in a while.

Can you give an example of what you mean when you say certain villages are suffering because of branding?

As to DeathToSinan?s comment, though in yesterday?s comment section I spent a lot of time defending the plausibility (and non-racist nature) of your theories about the price-retention-supporting nature of various Asian cultural traits at work in Irvine, since in your comment above you?re chastising those who were expecting Irvine price retention, I?m curious whether you?ve changed your mind as to how much effect these cultural traits will have on prices here.</blockquote></blockquote>

Branding a product or a village yields a similar result in planting confidence in the consumers? mind that the products purchased is among the best. I will use practical items that you see everyday for instance Zantac acid reducer tablets cost twice as much as the generic brands even though both were made by the same pharmaceutical company. Most consumers will gravitate to the household names first for their purchases. Zantac will not be able to lower its price margin to compete with its sibling generic brand due to the advertising, promotional, packaging, and quality assurance expenditure.

The same would apply to master planned villages in advertising, promotional, packaging and quality assurance expenditure as well. Good examples to compare are Northwood II and Woodbury. Both are across the street from each other and It is obvious that Northwood II has a higher number of short sale listings than Woodbury. Northwood II was developed 1-1/2 year before Woodbury therefore initial pricing were not far apart. Northwood did not have the kind of advertising and PR events that promoted Woodbury.

Northwood II was a step child compared to Woodbury. Due to ?neglect? Northwood is displaying sign of a trouble youth. Woodbury also has a spoiled distant cousin named Turtle Ridge. Both are well pampered and only displaying some signs of distress while the neglected step child will get into all sorts of trouble. All of them knew the Columbus family living across town. The Columbus kids were competely neglected and born with disabilities. The kids are facing a lot of emotional crisis in addition to low esteem and lack of positive self image.

[quote author="momopi" date=1229705993]Try the boiled beef (sliced) platter (soo-yook?) at Chae Bahn.</blockquote>I'm a vegetarian, but thank you for the suggestion. ;-)

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1229740002]Branding a product or a village yields a similar result in planting confidence in the consumers? mind that the products purchased is among the best. I will use practical items that you see everyday for instance Zantac acid reducer tablets cost twice as much as the generic brands even though both were made by the same pharmaceutical company. Most consumers will gravitate to the household names first for their purchases. Zantac will not be able to lower its price margin to compete with its sibling generic brand due to the advertising, promotional, packaging, and quality assurance expenditure.

The same would apply to master planned villages in advertising, promotional, packaging and quality assurance expenditure as well. Good examples to compare are Northwood II and Woodbury. Both are across the street from each other and It is obvious that Northwood II has a higher number of short sale listings than Woodbury. Northwood II was developed 1-1/2 year before Woodbury therefore initial pricing were not far apart. Northwood did not have the kind of advertising and PR events that promoted Woodbury.

Northwood II was a step child compared to Woodbury. Due to ?neglect? Northwood is displaying sign of a trouble youth. Woodbury also has a spoiled distant cousin named Turtle Ridge. Both are well pampered and only displaying some signs of distress while the neglected step child will get into all sorts of trouble. All of them knew the Columbus family living across town. The Columbus kids were competely neglected and born with disabilities. The kids are facing a lot of emotional crisis in addition to low esteem and lack of positive self image.</blockquote>
Okay, I understand what you're saying, but once a village is done or nearly done with its initial sell phase, I don't see that that branding aspect would continue to have a large effect. Also I don't see how this would correlate directly with how many short sales a neighborhood has.

Aside from this, any thoughts on that discussion of Asian cultural effects on Irvine prices? Do you now feel like there's less effect from those factors than when you initially made that post that IR referenced (and that I got tangled up in defending day before yesterday)?

[quote author="acpme" date=1229752429]the branding of the village imo stays indefinitely. aspects like density and design don't change.</blockquote>
Ah. It sounded like bkshopr was talking more about temporary aspects like advertising than practical, permanent aspects like density and design.

[quote author="Bitter Renter" date=1229753730][quote author="acpme" date=1229752429]the branding of the village imo stays indefinitely. aspects like density and design don't change.</blockquote>
Ah. It sounded like bkshopr was talking more about temporary aspects like advertising than practical, permanent aspects like density and design.</blockquote>

It is all about planting a seed in the mind of the buyers. It is a powerful psychology. The first impression will last forever.

[quote author="skek" date=1229671513]So, IrvineRenter, yesterday you opened up a can of worms between BK and AzDavid. Today you incite your old friend in CG to riot. What do you have in store for us tomorrow?</blockquote>

I don't know how I can top those two incidents.

Have you guys been reading the Truthi thread? I have never in my life seen anyone with a greater detachment from reality. The information filtering system in that brain is truly remarkable. Data goes in, any data inconsistent with preconceived notions of truth is either ignored or reinterpreted to fit within the belief system, and some belief from within this system is output. The output often has little or no relation to the original input.

There is no attempt to perceive reality, only a mechanism for interpreting data within accepted norms. I suppose that is one way to go through life, but it must be very difficult to fill those little round holes in her head when life is throwing nothing but squares. Eventually, the buildup of squares (uninterpretable data) must get burdensome, and if a few square pegs get wedged in those round holes, the entire system might crash.

It must take a great deal of energy to maintain those distorted perception and interpretation systems. How long can you claim the sun is the moon and truly believe it? It is one thing to tell the Emperor he has no clothes. It is quite another when the Emperor refuses to believe you, particularly when everyone is holding up a mirror.

The debating skills are polished, although since there is no real possibility of understanding, there is little point in entering the debate (except perhaps for the lulz that I know No_Vas is getting). In one comment she said, "...IR knew that his fans would add the name. He will try to deny it, but it is the truth." How do you respond to that? She set it up in such a way that no response was possible, and that no response was somehow an agreement with her statement. This isn't a search for truth, understanding or agreement, as one does in a real debate. This is trying to force people to accept your beliefs irrespective of what they might think or believe. It isn't debate, it is coercion.

The martyr complex is equally fascinating. In one breath, she can play the victim and launch a vicious attack, "I?m no different than anyone else here, except I have to endure insulting pictures from people who don?t know diddly squat." She is one of the most venomous writers on the boards (which probably contributed to her being banned at the OC Register), but yet she has the balls to claim victim status. Amazing.

I really don't know what to do about her. No_Vas is having the time of his life getting her to spin like a top. So I know he will not want to ban her. I don't want to ban her because I believe in freedom of speech, even speech as vacuous as hers. However, there is the greater good of the board we need to consider. This whole sideshow is getting a bit disruptive. Perhaps I should start a poll?

^ Very insightful, IR. I enjoyed the visualization of the build-up of squares crashing the system.

I consider that whole thread to be comic relief. I primarily visit this site to gather info and learn. Having that extra bit of entertainment is enjoyable too. (I wouldn't doubt the site traffic goes up because of it.) I think it has stayed well-contained in that one thread, as I haven't seen it spew out into other areas where it's disrupting conversation. Besides, it is rather interesting to know what must really be going on in the minds of these home-debtors. If she were banned, she would probably just create another account, refresh her IP address, or find some way around it. If I had a vote, I'd say let her stick around unless she starts bombarding other threads. I am even learning by seeing some of the responses written back to her that contain good information. Just my .02. You're doing a good job.

I think you have to take a step back and look at why Woodbury has more demand than Northwood II. As I starting point I agree that IC did a better job of positoning WB as a whole new community. However this initial impression may not have stood unless it were so true. When I moved to WB there was no elementary school public park, or large central private pool complex nor adjacent shopping center. Over the first year all of these things were completed, giving Woodbury a complete full service community feel. There is now a great school in the middle of the development. Woodbury town center delivers a great dentist, a fantastic Hoag Walk-in Health Center with on-site lab and radiology, a Trader Joe's, Ralph's, Home Depot,Staples, TaeKwonDo and LA Fitness. I don't even need a second car for my wife as she can actually walk absolutely everwhere she needs to go.

On the other NW II never developed this. There is a nice park and community center, however for everything else you have to hop in the car.

On the other topic regarding Asian family car choice, if you lived in this community you would swear that Asians only buy BMWs and Mercedes, with some slumming down to Audi's to be 'hip'. The only exception is the omnipresent Honda Odyssey - only because the prefered companies don't make minivans.

I actually enjoy the serious attitude that most Asian families seem to instill in their children when it comes to school. This only helps my school age children who have them as friends as classmates. Interestingly the children seem to blissfully unaware there are any racial, ethnic or cultural differences between them.

Since it's apparent that No_Vas is getting an early Xmas present, I say she stays. As long as she doesn't start up with the threats again.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

Agreed. I suggested considering a ban on Kirk because he was intentionally derailing the conversation from housing for his own amusement in the comment section on a near-daily basis with his troll character (thank God he responded to the complaints by stopping that, and now when he occasionally pops in, it's to make a constructive, on-topic comment), but as long as Truthiness is sticking to specific forum threads, and is actually talking about housing-related matters, I don't see a need for a ban, as incorrigible as she might be.

[quote author="Irvine5" date=1229781032]The only exception is the omnipresent Honda Odyssey - only because the prefered companies don't make minivans.

</blockquote>
As much as people disdain the idea of driving a minivan... anyone who owns one will attest to it being the most useful vehicle in the universe.

If MBZ or BMW made one... they would be surprised how many people would buy them.

Back