How do you stay organized?

cubiczirconia

I am a combination of paper-pencil-highlighter and reminders on phone.
How about you? How do you keep track of multiple events/ deadlines/ to-do lists?

ps9 said:
Google calendar, that way my wife CAN know when bills are due that i pay

I send paid notifications to his email so that he knows. For reminder, same as yours- I have a reminder on Google.

Social, school, etc: Old fashioned paper calendar on the side of my ice box. I also take pics on phone of school posters, etc., e-mail them to myself, check inbox, then add to paper calendar. Works really well. I also have mobile phone alarms set for 6 days of the week multiple times a day to keep me running on track (school pick-ups, minimum days, wake up, church, volunteer commitments, etc.) We tried Google calendar but it was too much of a hassle. He has a tendency not to record dates either way.

All bills: Husband, with only bi-annual property tax due date nagging courtesy of moi because of paranoia he won't receive a paper notice to pay as has happened just one time and which I can not let go of.

Shopping: All grocery and meal plans - me with a paper list. All Target and Costco - him with a digital list on phone.

i keep a list in my head for the most part, i send myself emails to remind myself of what i have to do the next day at work. For critical things, i put reminders on my work calendar.

daedalus said:
I revel in disorder, mental juggling and constant fire-fighting.

I have important ones covered, but those that suddenly gain importance have me scrambling all over. Time to conquer that part..

SoCal, you seem to be the most organized person.
I have a to-do list that I posted on the wall somewhere.. lost it when I "organized". Time to go back and search, or make a new list with item : Find old list on top :)

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
Adminstrative Assistant at work...
What a baller.
iPhone at home.
x2.
What?! I don't pay her....
Doesn't matter... how many TI'ers have an Admin Assistant? You're a real baller if your AA also has her own office.

i share an admin assistant with 3 other people. she does not have her own office. the CEOs admin has her office.

Qwerter is a baller too... 1/4 baller.

Most of my stuff is in my head too... appointments that are 30+ days out are usually put on Google Calendar.

I use iPhone reminders, Google Calendar, and also do the SoCal reminder--like photographing and emailing school notices/birthday party invitations to myself and significant other.

One new service I found useful is FollowUpThen (www.followupthen.com). Allows you to email yourself or others reminders in the future. For example: If you want to remind yourself to call Jane in 1 week, simply email 1week@follwupthen.com or a reminder in 2 hours to call Joe, email 2hours@followupthen.com, or 8am on April 1st to call Becky, email 8amApril1st@followupthen.com. Free for email but paid service to add text reminders and calendar integration.

Thank you iacrenter! When I started this thread, the intention was to see if someone can share something to make organizing easier. Just signed up with them.. very helpful. I send myself emails, but then at the rate of emails that make it to the inbox everyday, I lose track of things easily.

Back