How do you have kids here?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1242568656]

My wife claims I <em>never</em> have slept through the night.</blockquote>

Have you ruled out sleep apnea? Ask your wife to see if your breathing ever stops in your sleep.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1242603100][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1242568656]

My wife claims I <em>never</em> have slept through the night.</blockquote>

Have you ruled out sleep apnea? Ask your wife to see if your breathing ever stops in your sleep.</blockquote>

She has that and a CEPAP machine. Unless I'm totally exausted, I never snore or stop breathing. I'm just a super light sleeper, which is a problem because we now have George the Senile Old Man for a dog. My wife sleeps like a rock.

ISM, good to hear from you,, I'm going to do just a quick reply, sorry I have to admit I haven't read everything you posted this weekend, just a brief skim; but thank you so much for sharing and opening up like that. I hope you appreciate my threads about life and stuff; I know talks about housing is important, but what is more important to me are the people, and the relationships in that house.

You don't know how many times I see a mom by herself with her 3-4 year old son at Albertsons or Ralph?s, and I so just want to go up to them and ask, ISM, is that you? I'm sure most of you have wonder if you ever bumped into IHB people in public! Well, as you can tell by the responses you have people who care about you and your situation. The big lie we all believe is that nobody else has our problems; whenever I feel that way, all I have to do is reach out to my support system; or even here on the IHB, create a poll; and guess what mostly everyone can relate somewhere, somehow.

We are all human after all; despite core beliefs and differences in character traits; we all have the same basic needs; we all need people who care about us; we all need to be understood; and we all need others in our lives. Modern Irvine society tells us that we need to be independent, both financially and socially; that basically we can?t depend on anyone other than ourselves; well what a bunch of lies. We need each other; I don?t care who you are, we all need to be loved on once in a while. I?ll craft a better response tomorrow; but just wanted you to know that I want to create a safe place to dialog, share and encourage the fine people of Irvine who are struggling with the perceived pressures of what this society is telling us?

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1242378970]I know, I'd probably become old news all too quickly. Furturemore, after a week I'd might be jumping up and down for the babysitter to come back too. LOL She makes sure the kids homework is all complete by the time I get home. I can't tell you what a godsend that is.</blockquote>

How did you find your "babysitter"? I have four kids and am itching to go back to work - but how? I need some help.

I think we all appreciate ISM?s sharing and welcome her comments no matter we are religious or not.

I can relate to ISM?s sleep deprivation story as I am one of those moms. But I think there are some babies or even adults that just couldn?t sleep through the night. Like my husband he never sleeps through the night. Unfortunately my two children are like their daddy. The difference is that my husband doesn?t need my help going back to sleep but my babies need their mom. My daughter didn?t sleep through the night until she was 3. My son is 2.5 now and still wakes up 2 or 3 times a night. I don?t blame them because they both have allergies (serious eczema) that wake them up from time to time. I?ve read the sleep training book when I was pregnant so I did try to train my first one to sleep through. But it was not working. I didn?t have the heart listening to her crying for hours especially when she really needed my comfort. There are babies who are high maintenance and I just need to suck it up. That is my conclusion. My girl turned out to be a very happy child and now she has no problem sleeping for 12 hours in her own room. Before she was 3 we were doing the co-sleeping. (You can tell that I am Dr. Sears?s reader.)

I also share the same feeling with ISM that after spending more time in the office than with my children I feel guilty going away doing my own stuff. I take my daughter to malls, to do my hair, to grocery shop. At least I am with her and she enjoy those moments with me too. I usually decline my friends? invitation to parties if they don?t allow children. My husband does the same. Gone are the freedom and enjoyment that we once had when we had no child. But this is the price to pay when you have children?s laughter filled in the house.

Back