Housing Analysis

irvinehomeowner said:
So if this was supposed to be a slowdown for the last year and a half, and so many people have saved money, why is no one posting about it?

Solar, lower interest rates and presidential candidates get more action.

The decline of Irvine real estate is old news now.  Really, what's left to discuss other than your growing losses?

Compressed-Village said:
Mety said:
Soylent for loans and UscCpa for buyin and selling for the wins.

Ha ha, you and I think alike  :)

I was just copying and pasting your quote since you said that on multiple threads.

But since many people here have worked with them and had good experiences, I guess they're reliable for their business.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So if this was supposed to be a slowdown for the last year and a half, and so many people have saved money, why is no one posting about it?

The decline of Irvine real estate is old news now.  Really, what's left to discuss other than your growing losses?

It's all a paper loss until a sale is completed.  Anyhow, I always have buyers ask me....is this a good time to buy?  where is the market heading?  I tell them I have no idea where the market will go as it'll do what it wants but only buy if you plan on living in the home for 5-7+ years and the home checks most all of the boxes for you.  It's been proven that Irvine home prices have and will increase over the longer term.  One factor that I consider for is that there is a serious overhang of unsold new homes in Irvine (today's shadow inventory) so once this clears out it'll take some pressure on pricing. 

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Hah. Irvine homes will retain their value better than most other OC cities. Not even eyephone or meccos12 will deny that.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It's all a paper loss until a sale is completed.  Anyhow, I always have buyers ask me....is this a good time to buy?  where is the market heading?  I tell them I have no idea where the market will go as it'll do what it wants but only buy if you plan on living in the home for 5-7+ years and the home checks most all of the boxes for you.  It's been proven that Irvine home prices have and will increase over the longer term.

Yeah. When you say this no one really questions you.

When I say it... my credibility and experience gets scrutinized.

:)

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It's all a paper loss until a sale is completed.  Anyhow, I always have buyers ask me....is this a good time to buy?  where is the market heading?  I tell them I have no idea where the market will go as it'll do what it wants but only buy if you plan on living in the home for 5-7+ years and the home checks most all of the boxes for you.  It's been proven that Irvine home prices have and will increase over the longer term.

Yeah. When you say this no one really questions you.

When I say it... my credibility and experience gets scrutinized.

:)

IHO, that?s what you?ve been saying all along.

Although, to be legit, you have to have CA BRE License # in your signatures. Ha ha.

So this is Dec 2019. Turns out, there is no housing slow down!

Well, it sort of did slow down in end of 2018, and got kind of into a normal mode instead of an insane mode which was 2017.

I predicted a much worse scenario so I admit I was wrong. Although buying in 2019 became a much better choice than 2018 IMHO.

We shall see how it goes in 2020.

Mety said:

Well, it sort of did slow down in end of 2018, and got kind of into a normal mode instead of an insane mode which was 2017.

I predicted a much worse scenario so I admit I was wrong. Although buying in 2019 became a much better choice than 2018 IMHO.

Two things provided support for real estate in 2019....rates dropping over 1% and the economy stayed strong.  The market was fairly balances in 2019 for both buyers and sellers.  Good properties that were priced right sold quickly and overpriced one with bad locations/layouts/upgrades did not.

Mety said:

So have the price lags hit?

Or is someone going to tell me December of *next* year.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

So have the price lags hit?

Or is someone going to tell me December of *next* year.

There is a few more days left in 2019, the number could still drop and crash hard, ha ha. :). Where is LL and his rhetorics.

Happy New Year, may 2020 be the year of great joy watching the housing market bring you joys. Whichever side you play for.

I'm going to put a prediction out there for housing in 2020.  I think we will be flat to a slight pull back with buyers as we get closer to the election because of the fear of the unknown.  Rates will stay within 3.25% to 3.75%.  After the election if the market likes who got elected and we continue moving forward with the trade deal with China and rates stay in the 3% range, we can see some good housing gains in 2021.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I'm going to put a prediction out there for housing in 2020.  I think we will be flat to a slight pull back with buyers as we get closer to the election because of the fear of the unknown.  Rates will stay within 3.25% to 3.75%.  After the election if the market likes who got elected and we continue moving forward with the trade deal with China and rates stay in the 3% range, we can see some good housing gains in 2021.
Even with so much inventory?

OCLuvr said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Even with so much inventory?

What's interesting is that inventory levels YOY are down for Nov & Dec while sales YOY are up for that same period for Irvine so the months of inventory has come down.  Just as a data point, I have had 5 new buyer (referrals and my move-up clients) in the past 2 weeks who are starting their home search plus I'm seeing more multiple counter offer situations on properties that I'm making offers on.  I'll post the data through Dec 2019 next week in my thread.

But wasn?t December when we would see price drops catch up to inventory drops?

Let?s be truthful here, was 2018-2019 really a significant ?slowdown?? Sure, prices stopped rising but savings was mostly due to interest rates not dropping prices.

This was more like a letdown.

Back