Housing Analysis

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Like I previously mentioned the music is slowing down.

I predict it will get colder as we move to fall and winter.

I predict we will have less daylight in the coming months.

I predict Thanksgiving will be in November.

I predict next year will be 2020.

Are you trying to clown?

I don?t have a conflict of interest. You ask a realtor questions on TI and you expect and objective answer.

Tough shi7

The last prediction was kind of clowny, obviously next year is 2024.

It's so easy to say "slowing down" at the end of summer... why don't you tell us something bold and useful... like a percentage drop that you are *predicting* and which markets it will affect.

Otherwise, you're saying nothing.

Have you read the board?
People think nothing?s happening.

eyephone said:
Let me know if you have a counter argument or if you agree.

You haven't even presented an argument other than regurgitating someone else's articles or saying "I predict a slowdown".

Fire is hot, ice is cold.

#slowdown is different than melt down. Slow down so people can catch their breath. Melt down = crashing. Crash ain?t going to happen anytime soon, if not ever will.

But isn't #slowdown normal at this time of year?

And what "Housing Analysis" (his title) is eyephone doing?

Read his first post... what is eyephone contributing? The link? The copy/paste? He mentions that USC's data might not be objective but at least USC is giving us data and his opinion.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

You haven't even presented an argument other than regurgitating someone else's articles or saying "I predict a slowdown".

You never posted in this thread until I posted that Warren Buffet is selling his second home at a price reduction. Is this a sign?

You can attack me, but that?s not going to solve the slowdown.

(No conflict of interest)

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

I copied and pasted data from articles. Why recreate the wheel?

eyephone said:

Let?s put it this way Eyephone, you got real good and lucky when you purchased in the last down cycle, if it was in 2012. I don?t think you can replicate that luck again. Even when it slow, pricing is still high. I can?t buy my house for what I paid for it even with 20% decrease from today price.

What does your Warren Buffet post have to do with anything?

I just posted after you said "Like I mentioned... I'm so smart... I'm the king of predictions... I'm so awesome" (well... I embellished).

Man, you and BTB have this thing with being "attacked"... this is a forum, we discuss our opinions and positions and from my viewpoint, I have no idea what your position is because it's so general and you have no detail to back it up.

The sun makes light.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

So not really any analysis from you.

So the title should be "Look what I found on the Internet".

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Ha ha funny, IHO, I did laugh out loud. But I do appreciate Eyephone bring some attention to the slow down. Only if everyone believe me that they should dump now for max ROI, then I will be a rich man decade from now.

Do you follow W Buffet?

1. He owns the #2 Real Estate brokerage firm in the US
2. His actions are signals to markets/investors. (For example He bought BofA for dirt cheap, bought Goldman Sachs at a bargain during the Great Recession. There are many other stories, but maybe another time.)

Don?t bring BTB into this. (Changing the subject?)

irvinehomeowner said:

I just posted after you said "Like I mentioned... I'm so smart... I'm the king of predictions... I'm so awesome" (well... I embellished).

Man, you and BTB have this thing with being "attacked"... this is a forum, we discuss our opinions and positions and from my viewpoint, I have no idea what your position is because it's so general and you have no detail to back it up.

The sun makes light.

Compressed-Village said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Ha ha funny, IHO, I did laugh out loud. But I do appreciate Eyephone bring some attention to the slow down. Only if everyone believe me that they should dump now for max ROI, then I will be a rich man decade from now.

Thanks

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Ok. Many threads on TI and other forums give opinions of topics from the news/articles/editorials

irvinehomeowner said:

The sun makes light.

Hot take:  iPhone is a bot!

irvinehomeowner said:
USC can answer this but doesn't this usually happen as we get into the fall? School has started, summer is over and many people are less inclined to buy.

Then it starts ramping up again in the spring.

From my experience in the past 3-4 years, I've actually noticed that my open house traffic and agent showing traffic is a bit lower in July-Aug then it is Sept-Nov and Jan-June.  I don't know if it's the heat, people on vacation, family in town visiting, and/or more properties listing on the market.  I've even had huge buyer traffic on homes that I've listed after Thanksgiving and right after the first of the year.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USC can answer this but doesn't this usually happen as we get into the fall? School has started, summer is over and many people are less inclined to buy.

From my experience in the past 3-4 years, I've actually noticed that my open house traffic and agent showing traffic is a bit lower in July-Aug then it is Sept-Nov and Jan-June.  I don't know if it's the heat, people on vacation, family in town visiting, and/or more properties listing on the market.  I've even had huge buyer traffic on homes that I've listed after Thanksgiving and right after the first of the year.

So your open house traffic is different from what your charts say about sales volume and inventory?

Interesting.

@cv:

So the same thing to you... saying that housing is slowing at this time of year is like saying water is wet.

iPhone sales jump after they release a new model.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So your open house traffic is different from what your charts say about sales volume and inventory?

Interesting.

That's just from my own personal experience with my listings which represent a fraction of 1% of all Irvine listings.  The interesting thing is that it's been like that since 2014 for the most part and I'm listing prices within a similar price band.  It could just be that even though there are more buyers then are even more listings out on the market in July/Aug (peak of the inventory) that they don't go to all of the listings that fit their search parameters because there are more homes to pick from.  That's just a guess on my part.

Back