House Cleaning Service

Looking for recommendations on a housekeeper / cleaner for weekly cleaning service. Do you guys use someone that is trustworthy and good at their job? Our housekeeper had to move so are now looking to replace with someone that can take over basic cleaning on a weekly basis.

Thanks.

Do you guys use someone that is trustworthy and good at their job?
I hope everyone answers yes to this question. 

I know you are looking for weekly but another option you might consider is having a part time housekeeper, especially if your house is larger. We were getting quotes of $100-$150 for weekly maid service and instead, have been using part time housekeepers for the last few years.  Our current housekeeper comes for 2.5 hours every day and we pay her $150 a week. The benefit is that our house looks super clean every day vs once a week, all laundry is done, dishes are done, etc.  In terms of total man hours, it is about the same as the $150 weekly service would have 3 people here for 3-4 hours but the benefit is regular service vs once a week.

rkp said:
Do you guys use someone that is trustworthy and good at their job?
I hope everyone answers yes to this question. 

I know you are looking for weekly but another option you might consider is having a part time housekeeper, especially if your house is larger. We were getting quotes of $100-$150 for weekly maid service and instead, have been using part time housekeepers for the last few years.  Our current housekeeper comes for 2.5 hours every day and we pay her $150 a week. The benefit is that our house looks super clean every day vs once a week, all laundry is done, dishes are done, etc.  In terms of total man hours, it is about the same as the $150 weekly service would have 3 people here for 3-4 hours but the benefit is regular service vs once a week.

$150 under the table or do you pay employer taxes too?

We got a card for a company called tidy.com.

The prices are reasonable (for some reason they are not on the website).

We are thinking about trying them out as ours has become not as reliable (in regards to showing up on time).

rkp said:

That is what our housekeeper used to do, but a lot of people are looking for full-time position and we don't have enough work for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Any recommendations on someone that can come in few times a week for 2-3 hours, that would be great.

irvinehomeowner said:
We got a card for a company called tidy.com.

The prices are reasonable (for some reason they are not on the website).

We are thinking about trying them out as ours has become not as reliable (in regards to showing up on time).

After reading reviews about them, I'm really skeptical to call them.

My cousin tried one of those online cleaning services from groupon that outsources their cleaners and all she got was some high school kid trying to earn and save money for college rather than a real professional cleaner. All the while she had to watch him over the course of two hours because he wasn't cleaning all that well. You get what you pay for. 

HomeOwner Irvine said:
No recommendations so far?

Our cleaner has been cleaning our house for the past 6 yrs or so.  A little pricier but they are very good at what they do and they mostly use their own cleaning materials unless you told them otherwise.  Very little complain so far. Looks like they are also a  licensed family owned cleaning company (so hopefully insured) as I pay them via check payable to a cleaning service company name.

Their schedule might me a little tight though as usually it's hard to get them to come outside our regular schedule.  PM me if you want their contact info.

Have you tried posting on next door?  Lots of posts about cleaner recs and they all usually have several replies.

We have a cleaning service we've been using for about two years and we have them come once every two weeks.  If you want their info PM me. 

Back