Homes sales at Orchard Hill?

Entrada is suffering, with only 6 of 9 homes sold and no waiting list at all, it seems. The sales office was a ghost town and the sales lady was willing to cooperate more. In fact, she even hinted that Entrada might still sell even if the market crashes. Plan 2X, Plan 2, and Plan 3 each have one home left to sell. The sales office really lacked information.

Vista Scena not doing well either. 8 of the 10 homes are sold, with no waiting list (it seems). Parking lot was more crowded with people in every model. Homes facing the park were all sold.

Terrazza looks nearly sold. Sales lady mentioned that the next phase will start in the low millions. I think that's a lie.

Strada's first phase is sold. IUSD phases coming soon will have demand.

Capella looks like it is swamped. Amelia and Trevi's first two phases are sold.

Expect more demand on:

All Capellas
La Vita Plan 4
Messina Plans 2 and 3
Saviero Plan 1
All Amelias and Trevis (if you can afford it)  ;)

??? said:
Entrada is suffering, with only 6 of 9 homes sold and no waiting list at all, it seems. The sales office was a ghost town and the sales lady was willing to cooperate more. In fact, she even hinted that Entrada might still sell even if the market crashes. Plan 2X, Plan 2, and Plan 3 each have one home left to sell. The sales office really lacked information.

Vista Scena not doing well either. 8 of the 10 homes are sold, with no waiting list (it seems). Parking lot was more crowded with people in every model. Homes facing the park were all sold.

Terrazza looks nearly sold. Sales lady mentioned that the next phase will start in the low millions. I think that's a lie.

Strada's first phase is sold. IUSD phases coming soon will have demand.

Capella looks like it is swamped. Amelia and Trevi's first two phases are sold.

This makes sense...people looking to buy in OH are not "bargain shoppers".  The high end stuff is going to go fast with the the middle range being sold at a good pace.  The prices for the lower end stuff are too high for the intended target.

Finally got around to driving to OH.  Man the non gated side... I'm just going to call it PS 2. 

Gated side actually offers the luxury look that people might be looking for. 

test said:
jmoney74 said:
I'm just going to call it PS 2. 

Funny, I said the same thing here,

test said:
OH is more like PS 2.0
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,10941.msg231121.html#msg231121

Here,

test said:
OH is PS 2.0.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11765.msg231464.html#msg231464

And here,

test said:
OH is essentially PS 2.0
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11778.msg231844.html#msg231844

:)

where?

I don't see it:

ibm20ps220model2030-11382846.jpg

Based on PSF, OH (non gated side) is about $100 PSF higher than PS or PP. 

Question for all of the Realtors on this board:  In your expert opinion, will this spread premium continue for the next 5 to 10 years or in perpetuity?  Or will the spread premium go away with PSF decreasing in OH (non gated side) and/or PS PSF going up? 

AA said:

Question for all of the Realtors on this board:  In your expert opinion, will this spread premium continue for the next 5 to 10 years or in perpetuity?  Or will the spread premium go away with PSF decreasing in OH (non gated side) and/or PS PSF going up?
Is the price really that much higher? Which tract(s)? I thought it was more like $40-50psf higher.

Not a realtor but fwiw, I think OH elevation will always hold appeal, view or not. But the advantage of it feeling more central may fade as other areas get more built out.

i1 said:
AA said:

Is the price really that much higher? Which tract(s)? I thought it was more like $40-50psf higher.

Not a realtor but fwiw, I think OH elevation will always hold appeal, view or not. But the advantage of it feeling more central may fade as other areas get more built out.

Depending on what happens with the other HS in IUSD, there is the Northwood High School factor.

Entrada Starting Price: $628,000
Santa Maria (identical floorplan) Starting Price: $432,000

Vista Scena Starting Price: $702,000
Cambria (identical floorplan) Starting Price: $548,600

Terrazza Starting Price: $855,000
Saratoga (identical floorplan) Starting Price: $678,800

Strada Starting Price: $970,000
Mendocino (identical floorplan) Starting Price: $769,000

OH is supposed to never be sold if the market crashes, but this shows how much of a discount you can get when the market crashes in Irvine.

P.S. Trevi buyers will cash in BIG time. 7030 sf > 6020 sf

Turtle Ridge 6020 sf resale: $5.5 million

Irvinecommuter said:
i1 said:
AA said:

Depending on what happens with the other HS in IUSD, there is the Northwood High School factor.

PS2 ... copyright Jmoney

??? said:

OH is supposed to never be sold if the market crashes, but this shows how much of a discount you can get when the market crashes in Irvine.

One little problem with your comparison....the starting prices for the originals were the prices before we got the 20-25% run up in prices in 2013.  Add another $100k to $150k to the originals and then you'll be comparing apples to apples.  One thing that I do agree with you is that the Trevi homes will see the best appreciation in OH. 

jmoney74 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
i1 said:
AA said:

PS2 ... copyright Jmoney

PS is going into the 5th high school.  Northwood is going to be OH and Northwood Pointe.

USCTrojanCPA said:
??? said:

One little problem with your comparison....the starting prices for the originals were the prices before we got the 20-25% run up in prices in 2013.  Add another $100k to $150k to the originals and then you'll be comparing apples to apples.  One thing that I do agree with you is that the Trevi homes will see the best appreciation in OH.

Yup...Terrazza is a little better than Saratoga.  Plan 1 was selling at about low $800Ks at the end of the phases.

Back