Homeowners Insurance property damage claim

raisingboys

Has anyone had water damage in their home and filed a claim?  I'm wondering if the insurance company will pay for post-construction/remodel clean up?  Mainly dust, air ducts, window cleaning and somehow restore the hardwood to it's original condition.  I don't know what process is used to clean hardwood without actually stripping it and refinishing.  We're not at the end of the process yet.  Just wondering if I have to clean up or if I can hire a cleaning company at no cost to me.

Hi Rasingkids,

This post is 2 years past due, but I only recently joined the forum.

So to answer your question. If this was a covered claim then the insurance company would be responsible to
return your home to "pre-loss condition". so if the list you wrote ( air ducts ,wood floor etc) .. were affected by the damage, than they should according to most policies be covered.

Mike woonteiler
Same Day Restoration and Carpet Cleaning http://sameday-restoration.com/services/water-damage/

It seems that you are replying to older posts with a link to your business. I think you should become a site sponsor instead of just trying to get free adverts by posting information.

Back