Homeless camps coming to Irvine

Burn That Belly said:
Irvine may very well dodge a bullet next Tuesday. But the PR damage is already done and leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth. Unless that land becomes re-annex'd back to the city, consider that county land a ticking time bomb.

Think all the Irvine pressure got to Bartlett. She had to issue an apology. Let's see what they don't Tuesday.

Burn That Belly said:
Irvine may very well dodge a bullet next Tuesday. But the PR damage is already done and leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth. Unless that land becomes re-annex'd back to the city, consider that county land a ticking time bomb.

Exactly...thats part of the reason why i backed out of purchasing at Cypress Village East  when this topic came  up last year. Its a constant threat.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Burn That Belly said:

Exactly...thats part of the reason why i backed out of purchasing at Cypress Village East  when this topic came  up last year. Its a constant threat.

Smart move.
People don?t think it through.

They flip and flop like fish on dry land. You would think that decisions like this that they voted on would get scrubbed and verified heavily before the vote cast. And to rescind it two days later. 

No, if I were to slays the vampire not only I cut the head off, I would also drive a steel dagger in its heart  to make sure it would never come back again is the analogy for what needed to be done to this BOS. They really think that Irvine residence just gonna sit back and have our faith in their hands?

When they do get back to their private life after their term end, if they are so lucky not to get booted before then, it won?t be so private anymore.

Compressed-Village said:
They flip and flop like fish on dry land. You would think that decisions like this that they voted on would get scrubbed and verified heavily before the vote cast. And to rescind it two days later. 

No, if I were to slays the vampire not only I cut the head off, I would also drive a steel dagger in its heart  to make sure it would never come back again is the analogy for what needed to be done to this BOS. They really think that Irvine residence just gonna sit back and have our faith in their hands?

When they do get back to their private life after their term end, if they are so lucky not to get booted before then, it won?t be so private anymore.

If you want to raise the roof. Look what happened to the Great park consulting fees.

Nothing happened right?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
The question remains why the city allocated the space in 2003 for the shelter...thats exactly the point Sup Nelson  made on the KFI talk show.

Larry Agran was mayor back in 2003 and he was full of corruption and cronyism.

There were fewer homes planned in 2003 than there are today. Affordable housing or a homeless shelter wouldn't have the same impact then as it does today.

The homeless are going to the Fairview site in Costa Mesa.

Magically (and quietly as well) the Irvine site will be fast tracked for mixed use commercial which the County had proposed months ago.

You can take both of these to the bank.

My .02c

Ya this was probably their plan all along.  County used this as leverage and over the past few nights I have a feeling some very interesting closed door meetings took place.

I was at the City Council meeting last night and towards the end the Mayor wasn?t paying attention to the citizens asking questions and whispering to his assistant while they were texting together on his phone. 

Atendees started getting mad at him for not paying attention and he all of a sudden jumped up and yelled ?would you people relax, I?m trying to schedule the next city council meeting?.  Ya right, why is that so urgent to do at 9pm on a weeknight when 200 people expect you to listen to their concerns.

He was probably cutting a deal via text with Nelson or other supervisors.  Mayor comes out a hero to Irvine citizens for stopping the homeless migration, and county gets what they want with their commercial/retail land developed, and a chance at some side money from developers to win contracts to put their offices / hotel on some of the counties most valuable land.

Oh crap I?m starting to sound like BTB.

irvinedreaming said:
Burn That Belly, you seem mildly entertained by this entire situation. Do you not live in Irvine?

Lol you haven't been here long enough.

Back