Home warranty

irvinehusky

I got home warranty from AHS when I purchased the house but now the renewal is coming up.  The renewal fee is a tad over $600 plus now each time you call, the "service fee" has gone up to $75.00.  It's $60.00 right now.  Inflation, I'm sure.

This year, I had a dishwasher fixed and called for a plumbing issue.  I also called about the wall oven but it was broken when I got the house.  Well, I tried to pass it off as just broken but the previous owner pulled off wires hidden inside the control panel area so they wouldn't fix it.  They still took the $60 just to tell me that they won't fix it.  :mad:

I have a water heater that's probably the original (circa 1996?) so it's probably going to die one of these days.  It will only fill up my master bath about 1/3 or 1/2 of the way before the hot water runs out but it's still o.k. for now.  I wish it would die quickly so I can get it replaced.

I also usually average about one plumbing issue per year that I cannot fix by myself.

There's abviously more things I would like to call if it wasn't for the service fee, which makes it not worthwhile to call them.

Anyone else renewing or canceling?

I haven't been happy with AHS lately... we have an AC issue that's due to age and we are arguing about them covering it as they are claiming someone broke it (like we are up in our attic all the time).

Once we resolve this, we are probably going to switch... I believe IrvineRealtor has another service he uses.

Fidelity and Old Republic (First American or one of their related companies may do so as well) also offer home warranty services.  Give them both a call.

Back