Home Robberies Shock Crystal Cove Residents

bluemove

Story breaks first on the bluemove blog!

The relative calm of Crystal Cove was shattered recently by two bold home robberies.

You know those imposing gates and guard shacks that drive the association dues toward $700 per month in Crystal Cove?  Apparently, these amenities are of limited effect in keeping crime out.

Rumors are flying about the crimes and while it may be the talk of residents and at local real estate offices, no one apparently is eager to publicize this in the news because it could further depress Crystal Cove home values.  The rumor is that two homes on Sidney Bay Drive were "cleaned out" by robbers using trucks.  Virtually everything is said to have been taken.  One of the homes was for sale.  It is unknown if the other home was a vacation home or if the residents were simply away from their home.  In Crystal Cove, many of the homes are vacant or used sparingly, so there are fewer neighbors who can report suspicious activities - apparently allowing the robbers to clean out entire homes, furniture and all, without being noticed. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

WOW!  I guess that could possibly be pulled off anywhere since most people would not think robbers would pull up in a moving truck and cart off the house.

Very bold move. I am sure they cased both locations carefully prior to the breakins--easily done with so many gardeners, delivery trucks, and house keepers. I would also guess none of the homes had an active home alarm system.

Back