Home Exterior Painter

davenlei

Ok, time for me to paint the outside of the home.  I lost the number of the guy who painted my Irvine house and it sucks because he was good and cheap (but slow).

The work I need is a typical exterior painting using the colors/brand required by the association (Dunn Edwards).  I will be changing the trim (awnings and fascia) from the typical white to a earth tone and the stucco will be slightly darker as well.  There is a couple spots where the stucco needs to be patched up but nothing unusual or outrageous.

Does anyone have a painter they can recommend that does good work but does not cost an arm and a leg?  I don't care if it is a one man operation who takes two weeks to complete.  My concerns are quality and price.  The painter will not have to worry about breaking tiles too much since I will have my roofer clear a walking path for them (apparently my tiles are hard to find imported tiles which are longer than standard length tiles). 

I have one quote already and it seemed high.  I think I was given the "you live in a nice neighborhood" price.

Back