HOA Communications

It seems like most Irvine homeowners have two homeowner associations (HOAs).

Do your HOAs automatically send you monthly bills, Board Meeting minutes, newsletters, notices, etc. via postal mail? If not, will they happily agree to do so at no charge upon request?

The only dual HOA community I know is Woodbury for detached condos. I think it’s a scam TBH. The master HOA is $185 and 2nd ones depending on sub community are all over $100.

Other surrounding areas like Stone Gate, Eastwood only have single cheaper HOA.

Bluffs, Hillside, Highland, and most likely Fiore, Lapis, and Arbor in Portola Springs also pay master and sub HOAs. Any condo, attached or detached would have to pay master and sub HOAs.

It seems like most Irvine homeowners have two homeowner associations (HOAs).

Do your HOAs automatically send you monthly bills, Board Meeting minutes, newsletters, notices, etc. via postal mail? If not, will they happily agree to do so at no charge upon request?

The HOA's are separate but likely managed by the same management company. But, it's basically 2 separate HOA's. You'll get separate monthly bills, newsletters, notices, budgets, etc.

The HOA's are separate but likely managed by the same management company. But, it's basically 2 separate HOA's. You'll get separate monthly bills, newsletters, notices, budgets, etc.
Well, Keystone combines the HOA fees. They break it down to master and sub HOA fees, but you get a combined balance to be paid.

Bluffs, Hillside, Highland, and most likely Fiore, Lapis, and Arbor in Portola Springs also pay master and sub HOAs. Any condo, attached or detached would have to pay master and sub HOAs.

This is the correct answer. I think every Irvine community has neighborhoods within them that have a 2nd HOA due to the above reason. Some use the same management company, some don't. I don't think there is a standard practice. Also, the 2nd HOA is generally much higher (ie. 2x) for attached condos as it includes exterior insurance.

Back