Historic rental rates

jefa_IHB

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out historic rental rates for 98110, 91030 and Marin County, California. Over a period of decades. Where would I go to find that data and figure it out.

OR, I seriously would pay one of you guys to figure it out for me.

Over a period of decades is almost totally useless for that area.

50 years ago it was all sheephearders and nothing else. Today is is a hamlet for the uberrich who wants to escape the jungle that SF is, without getting <em>too</em> far away. Kind of like Summerland near Santa Barbara.

I'm not trying to diss you and toss you under the bus, but I don't understand why you want the (imo useless) dataset or what you are tying to do with it.

I was going to do rents, home prices, and income comparisons so I can make a target for what is "normal" for those areas. Maybe I should just look at data sets from the 70s to 2000, because I imagine anything post 2001 is going to be bizarro world.

I agree Marin is too expensive, but it sure is nice. Plus it has a lot of film people around. And less people with boob jobs. (Comparatively). If prices are going to come down 40% there, maybe I'll hold out and live there!!!

I also wonder if some of these areas never have rational rent vs own ratios. Then I'll have to decide if I should just rent for a long time and squirrel away the rest of my money and then buy a house outright when the time comes. (15 years from now).

Anyway, just trying to be fiscally rational about the areas I like.

Back