Highlands at Baker Ranch

ip

The beautiful Plan 1 has overpriced the not-so-beautiful Plan 2, even though the Plan 2 has a large roomy upstairs loft and the Plan 1's square footage includes a casita detached from the rest of the house. Just look at the Plan 1 Tuscan Exterior with double doors!

But,...

Toll Brothers is doing badly with Highlands. If you look at the site map, there are 5 quick-move in homes! Poor Toll Brothers! And, one of them on the QMIH tab has no price. Is Toll Brothers afraid that the price will scare away buyers? Take note, the other QMIH on the tab has a 4000 sf lot while this one is on a 6000 sf lot. Also, note that La Morra at Amalfi Hills's QMIH is $200K greater than the base price. Is this one also $200K greater???

??? said:
The beautiful Plan 1 has overpriced the not-so-beautiful Plan 2, even though the Plan 2 has a large roomy upstairs loft and the Plan 1's square footage includes a casita detached from the rest of the house. Just look at the Plan 1 Tuscan Exterior with double doors!

But,...

Toll Brothers is doing badly with Highlands. If you look at the site map, there are 5 quick-move in homes! Poor Toll Brothers! And, one of them on the QMIH tab has no price. Is Toll Brothers afraid that the price will scare away buyers? Take note, the other QMIH on the tab has a 4000 sf lot while this one is on a 6000 sf lot. Also, note that La Morra at Amalfi Hills's QMIH is $200K greater than the base price. Is this one also $200K greater???

The plans are fun and pretty interesting IMO but way overpriced.  For the price they were selling it at, most buyers would prefer to buy in Irvine.  Also, the large yard concept is great when you have the money to landscape the yard nicely but most people don't want to plunk down another $100 to $200K for landscaping

Almost bought a Highlands but ended up in PP with a larger lot and similar size home for about $110k less.  Probably works out about even after the high MR in PP but spacing between homes in PP (at least in my neighborhood) is much better.  I stopped by Highlands construction one night last week and those homes are really crammed in next to each other.

Investment wise i think mine will be better.  I just can't see those Highlands going for $1.5M any time in the foreseeable future, especially after they open the Musick entrance off Alton next year. 

That being said I really like their high ceilings, the Casita in Shasta plan, and their kitchens and included sliders were really nice.

@aquabliss:

Irvine will always > Lake Forest.

This isn't a commentary on schools, race, dining or barbers... it's just what is... blame it on the FCBs.

Here is the latest price list for Heights and Highlands....

Attachments

• Toll Brothers Heights.png
    Toll Brothers Heights.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 452
  • Toll Brothers Highlands.png
    Toll Brothers Highlands.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 466
Back