Hidden Canyon in Irvine

lnc said:
Laniakea said:
At Orchard Hills, I have seen this super mailboxes installed right in front of someone's front yard. What's your opinion on the location of this bulky mailboxes very close to your front yard?

The placement is only temporary because the permanent mailbox location is not accessible yet and it is fence off due to construction.  They will relocate the mailboxes to their permanent location once the construction activity in that location is completed.

that's a slap to J$'s face...  :(

Laniakea said:
At Orchard Hills, I have seen this super mailboxes installed right in front of someone's front yard. What's your opinion on the location of this bulky mailboxes very close to your front yard?

I wouldn't want them anywhere near my house due to all the traffic.  Our mailboxes are located on a common side wall near the entrance of the community.  I feel bad for the people who live across from these boxes because you can see tire marks on the driveway/sidewalk from all the U-turns. 

Hi everyone,
We are considering a purchase in HC and I really appreciate all the detailed information everyone is sharing. As I get closer to the date of contract I will be sure to fill everyone with news and information as well!
I was wondering if anyone had any information about the loan program that TB offers? Does anyone have any info on Short Sale timelines? How old does it have to be? My husband and I had a short sale 3 1/2 years ago and we will be putting 75% down on the home but they estimated our cost out the door to be 3,200000.00. It one a view lot but a Avalon plan. Just needed to know if anyone had info!:)
Thank you

RHOC said:
Hi everyone,
We are considering a purchase in HC and I really appreciate all the detailed information everyone is sharing. As I get closer to the date of contract I will be sure to fill everyone with news and information as well!
I was wondering if anyone had any information about the loan program that TB offers? Does anyone have any info on Short Sale timelines? How old does it have to be? My husband and I had a short sale 3 1/2 years ago and we will be putting 75% down on the home but they estimated our cost out the door to be 3,200000.00. It one a view lot but a Avalon plan. Just needed to know if anyone had info!:)
Thank you

Just curious - does RHOC stand for "Real Housewives of Orange County"? If so are you a previous or current housewife? Lol - I love that show!

I just got the reply that it's 5 years for for TBI if your asking for jumbo and if not a jumbo then it's 4 years waiting! :(  LOL freedomcm! I am not a troll. I am actually a new comer for the new season; can't really get into it...lol. Thanks  iacrenter BTW!!! :) :)

freedomcm said:
I bet RHOC is a troll.

short sale, then three years they accumulate $2.5M?

RHOC said:
I just got the reply that it's 5 years for for TBI if your asking for jumbo and if not a jumbo then it's 4 years waiting! :(  LOL freedomcm! I am not a troll. I am actually a new comer for the new season; can't really get into it...lol. Thanks  iacrenter BTW!!! :) :)

freedomcm said:
I bet RHOC is a troll.

Exciting! Can't wait to tune into the new season of RHOC  ;D

Paris said:
RHOC said:

freedomcm said:
I bet RHOC is a troll.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time watching that show. All they do is fight and complain.

eyephone said:
Paris said:
RHOC said:

freedomcm said:
I bet RHOC is a troll.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time watching that show. All they do is fight and complain.

guys don't get it - neither does my husband. My daily job is high stress and requires a lot of critical thinking so when I'm home I like nothing more than to sit and watch useless drama so my brain can vegge out - so shows like RHOC and Keeping up with the Kardashians are perfect for relaxation and zoning out  ;)

Well, made it out to the models today, finally.

First, all well done overall. I really liked the entrance to the community.

Second, amusing that some are criticizing TNHC for giving out photocopies of floorplans where at Hidden Canyon they don't even give them out (or didn't have any). "They're on the website." Yeah, I know. Whatever.

My favorite model was the Cassis. I hated the Santa Monica, both decor and floorplan. The back yards were overdone with too much hardscape and, especially with the Santa Monica, too much pool. I'd hate to eventually buy that model because your entire back yard is a pool.

I'm generally not a fan of the double staircase, but it was well done with the Portifino.

I'm not sure why Toll Bros just doesn't call their homes Plan 1, Plan 2, etc. Having a Capri model in the Capri collection is confusing (I guess at least they don't have a floorplan called Marbella in the Capri collection). Also, I wonder why Toll Bros doesn't model all their floorplans. It's not like they won't make the money back once they sell the model. Also, I've had floorplans I love on paper but when I see actually done as a home I like it a lot less.

Heh. We made it out to Capri and wondered the same thing about TB not modeling all the floorplans. Also 2 of the 3 backyards were closed so my kids couldn't go in for a dip.  The 2nd capri modeled was my favorite. Didn't care for the first one. And by the time I got to the 3rd and last, I had big house fatigue and lost interest :)

NYT said:
My favorite model was the Cassis. I hated the Santa Monica, both decor and floorplan. The back yards were overdone with too much hardscape and, especially with the Santa Monica, too much pool. I'd hate to eventually buy that model because your entire back yard is a pool.

Did you see the backyard in one of the Capri models? The one where the pool starts at the edge of the california room... THAT entire yard is a pool.

There's also a 'Marbella' floorplan in Marbella.  ::)

Something that everyone buying may want to consider - have a prewire for dual coax run from the attic to the structured wiring panel in the master closet.

That way, if you go with Dish or Direct TV, you can have the installer feed the coax cables through the roof to your attic, and tie in to your coax there. It will save having ugly wires stapled to the outside of your home. I'm not sure exactly where we are going to install our Dish Network antenna yet, but most likely on the chimney (I'm assuming we have one...). It should be fairly easy for the installer to feed the wires down to the attic internally.

It just makes for a cleaner install.

By the way, got my first look at some of the flooring choices today. Haven't seen the pricing yet, which may be scary, but there are some awesome selections. I particularly like the more rustic wood flooring in the 2nd floor of the Avalon in the Marbella collection.

Paris said:
guys don't get it - neither does my husband. My daily job is high stress and requires a lot of critical thinking so when I'm home I like nothing more than to sit and watch useless drama so my brain can vegge out - so shows like RHOC and Keeping up with the Kardashians are perfect for relaxation and zoning out  ;)

There's absolutely no relaxation in sitting on the couch, wanting to throw objects at the tv hoping it actually hits them on the face, but being held back by the thousands of dollars it would cost to replace said tv.

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:
RHOC said:

freedomcm said:
I bet RHOC is a troll.

Straight guys don't get it - neither does my husband. My daily job is high stress and requires a lot of critical thinking so when I'm home I like nothing more than to sit and watch useless drama so my brain can vegge out - so shows like RHOC and Keeping up with the Kardashians are perfect for relaxation and zoning out  ;)

Fixed that for you.  Gay guys watch RHOC and every other show on Bravo. We understand you ;)

gasman said:
Paris said:

There's absolutely no relaxation in sitting on the couch, wanting to throw objects at the tv hoping it actually hits them on the face, but being held back by the thousands of dollars it would cost to replace said tv.

I've been trying to say that to my brother & every other straight guy I know, but they insist on wasting hours of time watching football & basketball or other sports on TV. And they all yell really loud when something happens on the screen.

I'll never figure it out  :-\

gaysian said:
I've been trying to say that to my brother & every other straight guy I know, but they insist on wasting hours of time watching football & basketball or other sports on TV. And they all yell really loud when something happens on the screen.

I'll never figure it out  :-\

Competition where there is a winner.

VS.

Mindless ramble about nothing of substance.

There's nothing to figure out.  If you prefer the latter, watch C-SPAN.

When I was a kid I looked forward to Christmas morning.

As an adult, the closest feeling I get to that is waking up knowing the NFL playoffs are hours away.  Difficult to explain, but the anticipation of a football match between 2 great teams makes me giddy.

I used to watch a TON of RH (OC, BH, NY and even a season or two of Atlanta). Can't do it anymore though - I blame age and lack of time. Sports though have always been a mainstay. But admittedly, I watch fewer hours of that too.

Back