Hidden Canyon in Irvine

eyephone said:
J Hsu said:
Caitlin said:
orange_curtain:

My husband and I just bought a home in HC and pricing was under $2.5M.  We bought here because we looked at real estate in NB for over a year, and we could not find anything price wise close to what we just bought in HC? new construction, 4,800+ square feet, 5 bedrooms, a larger lot, in a gated community. 

To get a 7 -10 year old home with a small non-view lot, and 4,800+  sqft. in NB or any other coastal community in orange county you are looking at $3.8 - $5M easily.

I have attended many Toll Brother events at HC and 98% of the buyers/potential buyers are locals from Laguna Altura, Quail Hill and other neighboring communities. They are not foreign cash buyers.

Also, my husband and I talk about Restoration Hardware chandeliers often. 

This ?grandma? is signing out.

I wanna be your neighbor!
How do you know that's her pic?

Just hoping it is.

J Hsu said:
I am new and have not posted before.  I am interested in these houses and I am on the waiting list.  Who knows what that means anymore, though. I will echo what qwerty and orange curtain are saying.  The postings of a select few are odd.  We're not stupid people and it the information flow is strange.  It begs the question and is disappointing.  I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I think orange curtain speaks for more people than s/he realizes.

So Jade Hsu is moving to Hidden Canyon?

There goes the neighborhood.

orange_curtain said:
J Hsu said:
Hmm.. this thread is going up the hill that leads nowhere.  But i just wanna add that I am for one not affiliated with HC at all. I am just the one very very interested in buying one in HC, but since I am a contingent buyer, I may not be able to get one at all.

Going nowhere perhaps, but Laniakea I have a serious question for you.  I have tried multiple times to try to get an appointment to see Capri and Marbella by going through the sales offices.  Half the time, I got what sounded like an answering machine from the 1980s on the other end.  Whenever I finally reach someone, I am always politely told that they are not yet showing to contingent buyers.  As a contingent buyer, how is it that you have had such great access to all the inside info and have had an opportunity to meet all the sales people?  Serious question.  I have two neighbors who are on the waitlist (pre-quals submitted) who have had the same experience as me.  Any inside info would be appreciated.

Yes. Laniakea know all the inside information..the age of all the sales people at both Marbella and Capri...and yet now she claims she is a contingent buyer who does't have a chance of getting a home. Yes....we still believe you.
[/quote]

Did you read all of my posts & replies? I said I had a friend who just bought one in phase 2 of Marbella and I had some opportunity to tag along with her. I also went to VIP party with her as well - took some pics at that time me and my friend, and shared some with folks in here.
I have QQ submitted and pre-qualifed but on the waiting list. You are right.. peeps at the sales office seem so busy and they don't pick up the phone half time.  I heard the same situation from my friend as well but seems she has better chance to reach them since she already made a purchase?? 

Laniakea said:
orange_curtain said:
J Hsu said:
Hmm.. this thread is going up the hill that leads nowhere.  But i just wanna add that I am for one not affiliated with HC at all. I am just the one very very interested in buying one in HC, but since I am a contingent buyer, I may not be able to get one at all.

Going nowhere perhaps, but Laniakea I have a serious question for you.  I have tried multiple times to try to get an appointment to see Capri and Marbella by going through the sales offices.  Half the time, I got what sounded like an answering machine from the 1980s on the other end.  Whenever I finally reach someone, I am always politely told that they are not yet showing to contingent buyers.  As a contingent buyer, how is it that you have had such great access to all the inside info and have had an opportunity to meet all the sales people?  Serious question.  I have two neighbors who are on the waitlist (pre-quals submitted) who have had the same experience as me.  Any inside info would be appreciated.

Yes. Laniakea know all the inside information..the age of all the sales people at both Marbella and Capri...and yet now she claims she is a contingent buyer who does't have a chance of getting a home. Yes....we still believe you.

Did you read all of my posts & replies? I said I had a friend who just bought one in phase 2 of Marbella and I had some opportunity to tag along with her. I also went to VIP party with her as well - took some pics at that time me and my friend, and shared some with folks in here.
I have QQ submitted and pre-qualifed but on the waiting list. You are right.. peeps at the sales office seem so busy and they don't pick up the phone half time.  I heard the same situation from my friend as well but seems she has better chance to reach them since she already made a purchase??
[/quote]

How long did it take TB to get back to you after you submitted your QQ?

J Hsu said:
Laniakea said:
orange_curtain said:
J Hsu said:

[/quote]

They never got back to me first, nor had I luck to reach them for my QQ either.  I just happened to have a chance to go thru my QQ for a short time when my friend had a meeting with them and was determined that i was barely qualified, then no calls from them for any updates so far.

J Hsu said:
Laniakea said:
orange_curtain said:
J Hsu said:

[/quote]

Omg orange_curtain, what is your deal? Why so much hate? Honestly, it's crazy. Are you even interested in HC? If not, can you please just leave the thread so the rest of us who want to actually discuss the project not be subject to your negativity? 

Btw, I submitted my QQ end of December and got the call for phase 2 in February.  The lot I wanted in phase 1 went to a toll brothers employee, who get first priority.  In talking with the sales people, some of the toll brothers employees have already seized upon the premium lots in future phases as well. Even as a buyer who's signed the contract, I can't get return phone calls or emails. So trust me, it's not like they're only returning phone calls to the existing buyers or all cash folks. It's still been an ongoing frustrating experience with the sales people there. And I'm sad to report that now having been transferred to the design center to select options, the communication hasn't much improved. So just be prepared that if you do buy there, it doesn't mean the communication will suddenly be better. It's been poor across all fronts.

Grayston said:
J Hsu said:
Laniakea said:
orange_curtain said:
J Hsu said:

Omg orange_curtain, what is your deal? Why so much hate? Honestly, it's crazy. Are you even interested in HC? If not, can you please just leave the thread so the rest of us who want to actually discuss the project not be subject to your negativity? 

Btw, I submitted my QQ end of December and got the call for phase 2 in February.  The lot I wanted in phase 1 went to a toll brothers employee, who get first priority.  In talking with the sales people, some of the toll brothers employees have already seized upon the premium lots in future phases as well. Even as a buyer who's signed the contract, I can't get return phone calls or emails. So trust me, it's not like they're only returning phone calls to the existing buyers or all cash folks. It's still been an ongoing frustrating experience with the sales people there. And I'm sad to report that now having been transferred to the design center to select options, the communication hasn't much improved. So just be prepared that if you do buy there, it doesn't mean the communication will suddenly be better. It's been poor across all fronts.
[/quote]

I have seen this with TB before.  By this, I mean I have experienced this with TB before.  Surprises me if you're trying to appeal to a group that can drop $3M on a house.  If I treated my customers this way, i would lose them.  But, as they say, they have thousands of people of some meaningless list.  Feels a bit like a cliff, which gives me pause.

Also when I was signing my contract I asked Pat, the sales manager, if there was any likelihood a contingent buyer would get called. She says right now when they come through, the initial screener separates the piles into the cash, non contigent and contigent buyers and she's not even looking at the contigent buyers pile. She believes if the sales continue, they will never get to that pile. So this was back in February, but I doubt things have changed since then. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news  :( they really should just say not accepting QQs from contigent buyers at this time.

Grayston said:
Also when I was signing my contract I asked Pat, the sales manager, if there was any likelihood a contingent buyer would get called. She says right now when they come through, the initial screener separates the piles into the cash, non contigent and contigent buyers and she's not even looking at the contigent buyers pile. She believes if the sales continue, they will never get to that pile. So this was back in February, but I doubt things have changed since then. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news  :( they really should just say not accepting QQs from contigent buyers at this time.
Agree.

No hatred. I'm just keeping it real. I call it how I see it.

Just wondering why lanikea started a new thread after she was caught being an insider on this site. Want proof everyone can look it up under the thread named "test". I copied and pasted the quote in case you can't find it. Here it is...

test
? on: Today at 09:32:22 PM ?
is there any way to delete this post? i made a mistake..
? Last Edit: Today at 09:44:45 PM by Laniakea ?

So she opened up a whole new link to try to see how to delete old posts. After she realized she couldn't do that she came up with her response here.

I'm not interested in bashing anyone but, an honest and critical read begs the question of TB paid bloggers. The point is be on the few useful price sheets and pics their campaigning is tedious and not helpful to me which is why I have gone off on this tangent. The truth is TB is all about false hype and you have to question the good financial sense of buying a tract home in Irvine at these prices. I enjoy having a good debate but have started on rants because these bloggers are ridiculous to me.

orange_curtain said:

Just wondering why lanikea started a new thread after she was caught being an insider on this site. Want proof everyone can look it up under the thread named "test". I copied and pasted the quote in case you can't find it. Here it is...

test

So she opened up a whole new link to try to see how to delete old posts. After she realized she couldn't do that she came up with her response here.

I'm not interested in bashing anyone but, an honest and critical read begs the question of TB paid bloggers. The point is be on the few useful price sheets and pics their campaigning is tedious and not helpful to me which is why I have gone off on this tangent. The truth is TB is all about false hype and you have to question the good financial sense of buying a tract home in Irvine at these prices. I enjoy having a good debate but have started on rants because these bloggers are ridiculous to me.
In fairness, I did notice that too O_C but didn't want to go there.  There is no point in arguing. Take what you like, leave the rest.  I do like some of your posts and did get a kick out of them.  Also, don't know if it's false hype or just plain old lead generation or maybe marketing.

PS - Good night Caitlin.

orange_curtain said:

test

ohh brother.. what's your problem?  Is this how you think and live in your daily life?  If you are so darn sure i am an insider, do you want to bet $1000 and meet me in the public as Greystone suggested? I am dead serious. I currently live in Portola. Just post here what day/time/place.  I will meet you in person.

btw, i asked some questions on remodeling projects at hand, but realized that I accidentally started a new thread which I didn't want to, so modified the subject to "test" and asked a dumb questions if I could delete the post.

orange_curtain said:

test

What was the topic of the thread she deleted?

J Hsu said:
Does anyone know if there will be a procedure for visits and crowd control on Saturday and Sunday?  I mean thousands of people may show up.  Perhaps there will be shuttle service from Irvine Amp?  They may want to use a number system like the deli at Gelsons.  I suggest serving refreshments.  Helps to keep the peace.

This has been an interesting thread, to say the least.

Does anyone know if the models & sales office will be open without appointment from Saturday onwards, or just this next weekend only? I would like to visit, but I don't know if I can handle the chaos of that many people.

I do see orange_curtain's point. I have friends that work in marketing, and "nontraditional" and social media marketing is the "in thing".  Don't forget there was the sales person from Richmond American who lied about who they were. So the idea of paid bloggers is entirely a possibility.

But I don't think the social media buzz (from possibly paid bloggers) is to generate more sales for the project; as others have said, they already have a large enough pool of buyers. However it does make sense for Toll Bros to get as many prospective buyers to be "wowed" & impressed by the models as possible. The models are not there to sell HC, they are there to sell Toll Bros.  Someone who might not be able to afford HC but could afford a Toll Bros house elsewhere (Baker Ranch), might be willing to give Baker Ranch a second look because it's a Toll Bros product.

It's kind of like how someone might go to the Mercedes dealer and see the $100,000 S Class in the middle of the showroom, but they couldn't afford that so they went for a $40,000 C Class, because it's still a Mercedes.

eyephone said:
orange_curtain said:

test

What was the topic of the thread she deleted?

good point eyephone.  What did I delete?  all the posts and replies of mine are still there. 

Laniakea said:
orange_curtain said:

test

ohh brother.. what's your problem?  Is this how you think and live in your daily life?  If you are so darn sure i am an insider, do you want to bet $1000 and meet me in the public as Greystone suggested? I am dead serious. I currently live in Portola. Just post here what day/time/place.  I will meet you in person.

btw, i asked some questions on remodeling projects at hand, but realized that I accidentally started a new thread which I didn't want to, so modified the subject to "test" and asked a dumb questions if I could delete the post.

Again, this makes no sense.

gaysian said:
J Hsu said:
Does anyone know if there will be a procedure for visits and crowd control on Saturday and Sunday?  I mean thousands of people may show up.  Perhaps there will be shuttle service from Irvine Amp?  They may want to use a number system like the deli at Gelsons.  I suggest serving refreshments.  Helps to keep the peace.

This has been an interesting thread, to say the least.

Does anyone know if the models & sales office will be open without appointment from Saturday onwards, or just this next weekend only? I would like to visit, but I don't know if I can handle the chaos of that many people.

I do see orange_curtain's point. I have friends that work in marketing, and "nontraditional" and social media marketing is the "in thing".  Don't forget there was the sales person from Richmond American who lied about who they were. So the idea of paid bloggers is entirely a possibility.

But I don't think the social media buzz (from possibly paid bloggers) is to generate more sales for the project; as others have said, they already have a large enough pool of buyers. However it does make sense for Toll Bros to get as many prospective buyers to be "wowed" & impressed by the models as possible. The models are not there to sell HC, they are there to sell Toll Bros.  Someone who might not be able to afford HC but could afford a Toll Bros house elsewhere (Baker Ranch), might be willing to give Baker Ranch a second look because it's a Toll Bros product.

It's kind of like how someone might go to the Mercedes dealer and see the $100,000 S Class in the middle of the showroom, but they couldn't afford that so they went for a $40,000 C Class, because it's still a Mercedes.

I think this was very well said. Thank you.

Back