Henry?s to open 6th O.C. farmers market

Cameray_IHB

Henry?s Farmers Market and Sprouts Farmers Market are going head to head in Orange County.

Henry?s and the Irvine Co. jointly announced plans for a Henry?s market at the The Market Place in Tustin. The more than 22,000-square-foot grocery store will replace the former CompUSA space, which shuttered all four of its O.C. locations in 2007.

This will be Henry?s sixth O.C. market. The farmers market offers a similar variety of groceries as Sprouts, which operates five stores in Seal Beach, Irvine, Brea, Orange and Tustin. Another Sprouts is planned for Huntington Beach.

?We look forward to serving the Tustin and Irvine area residents, and are excited to offer the shoppers of The Market Place a full-service neighborhood grocery store that prides itself on high-quality products at affordable prices,? said Aimee Della Bitta, marketing manager for Henry?s.

Henry?s is owned by the same company that operates Smart & Final. The store will open in the summer of 2010 near T.J. Maxx.

<a href="http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/12/henrys-to-open-6th-oc-farmers-market/41641/">http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/12/henrys-to-open-6th-oc-farmers-market/41641/</a>

I pick up a free range turkey from Henry's every Thanksgiving. In fact, I just called to make my reservation today.

Henry sold the Henry's chain to Smart & Final in 1999. Then he started the Sprouts chain. Sprouts and Henry's are almost identical, and many people think they are under the same ownership. They're actually competitors.

[quote author="jumpcut" date=1258204185]Henry sold the Henry's chain to Smart & Final in 1999. Then he started the Sprouts chain. Sprouts and Henry's are almost identical, and many people think they are under the same ownership. They're actually competitors.</blockquote>
Trader Joe's > Sprouts

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1258218069][quote author="jumpcut" date=1258204185]Henry sold the Henry's chain to Smart & Final in 1999. Then he started the Sprouts chain. Sprouts and Henry's are almost identical, and many people think they are under the same ownership. They're actually competitors.</blockquote>
Trader Joe's > Sprouts</blockquote>
Depends what you're buying. I shop at both. Sprouts has a fresh deli and seafood counter, and a much more extensive fresh produce section. They'll cut meat or whole fish for you, and can make you a fresh sandwich. Trader Joe's can't do that. Their refrigerated meals are prepared in-store, not in some central processing plant like at TJs. However, TJs has a much more interesting selection of frozen food and canned goods, and their bakery items are cheaper.

[quote author="jumpcut" date=1258248653][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1258218069][quote author="jumpcut" date=1258204185]Henry sold the Henry's chain to Smart & Final in 1999. Then he started the Sprouts chain. Sprouts and Henry's are almost identical, and many people think they are under the same ownership. They're actually competitors.</blockquote>
Trader Joe's > Sprouts</blockquote>
Depends what you're buying. I shop at both. Sprouts has a fresh deli and seafood counter, and a much more extensive fresh produce section. They'll cut meat or whole fish for you, and can make you a fresh sandwich. Trader Joe's can't do that. Their refrigerated meals are prepared in-store, not in some central processing plant like at TJs. However, TJs has a much more interesting selection of frozen food and canned goods, and their bakery items are cheaper.</blockquote>

I really like the cereal selection at Sprouts too. I have also gotten coupons for them at various events and won a drawing they had a couple of months ago.

Back