freedomCM_IHB
New member
So what do you think? They took a month off before tensioning the foundation?
no_vaseline said:Somebody call the realtor and ask if the house has a Post Tensioned Concrete Slab or not so I can either stop obsessing or go to guns and laugh at these fools, please?
freedomCM said:So what do you think? They took a month off before tensioning the foundation?
no_vaseline said:Somebody call the realtor and ask if the house has a Post Tensioned Concrete Slab or not so I can either stop obsessing or go to guns and laugh at these fools, please?
stone007 said:I knew there was a reason for that house being underpriced but seriously, how can a house with that crack be sold??! A bank won't approve a loan on a house with that type of crack..Does that mean the bank that owns the house is liable/accountable for fixing it?? Crazy..
crentist said:crentist said:stone007 said:I never posted a picture of the crack..I think another blogger also had a picture of the crack and posted it. It's a straight line across the entry way - Maybe 3 feet. We looked in the garage and the crack doesn't extend there BUT other side of the crack that extends outside, you can see a 1 inch crack in foundation outside..
Maybe that's why the house is priced at $214/sq foot????
The crack does extend into the garage. I have pictures I'll post when I get home.
Crack in the marble tile:
Crack from outside:
Crack on other side of the wall in garage:
![]()
SoCal78 said:I know nothing about foundation cracks or structural issues. But last year when I was getting my house ready for sale, I had the first-floor carpet taken up to put down new flooring. When they pulled it up, there was a crack in the cement running the length of the house in one direction. We got freaked out and wondered what that was. Surprisingly, the flooring guy said he sees this in just about every house he pulls flooring up in and that it's nothing to worry about. Maybe the flooring dude is wrong but I was surprised it was so common and it led us to believe it's no biggie. I don't know but couldn't that be the case here - the house just settles?? (BTW - it passed the home inspection with no problem.)