HELP - RE: Capella Orchard Hills

So the elevation I have doesn't have a terrace at all which is fine with me. Instead we have a sitting room extending our master and making it bigger. I understand how the terrace being so close to the neighbor can be awkward. If I did have a terrace though I'd probably have a cover built over it for shade and privacy and also some plants along the border for additional privacy.  Our back yard is private though because we have no homes behind us which is nice. If we had homes behind us I probably would not have bought the home.

Are you considering OH?  We mostly chose the area to keep the boys in the same school district. And we aren't looking for a large home - around 3200sqft is perfect for our needs. And the boys have the play area right next door walking distance so it works well for us.
[/quote]

We are considering OH, but still trying to see if Northpark will come up with a Saratoga plan for sale with a favorable location and price point in the next couple of weeks. 

I really like the houses with the porte cochere, my kids can play basketball in the future, while I'm in the kitchen and I can close the gate.  But so far, we have been disappointed with the listings coming up at Northpark and some of the price point is still too high considering the remodel needed.  I've noticed a lot of Northparkers are moving to OH and selling their homes later after they've moved in.  Which will bring more options, but the longer we wait for that chance, the Capella plans will increase. 

Do you know if Capella is moving forward with the phases as quickly as they did with phases 1-4?  I read someone's post that they think after phase 3-4, there will be a standstill and eventually Capella will drop their prices for the later phase. 

You got a plan 1 home?  So many people like that plan and are waiting longer just to get it.  Congrats!

I know, we looked in NP for 1 year or so and nothing peaked our interest much. And on top of it the listing prices just kept rising!  There might be more inventory after NPers move to OH but if the market is oversaturated or they feel they can't get thier prefered price they might rent their homes. Market is so up in the air right now.

We just went ahead with Capella because we wanted to get into the early phases and pay less. And the ONLY plan I liked was 1. They initially didn't build as many Plan 1s because it was going to be the smallest size so they thought there wouldn't be a market for it. But then they decided to build out all the Plan 1s with the downstairs conservatory, california room and master sitting area options and with all that it turns into the largest floor plan of the 3 - hence it's popularity given it's the cheapest plan.

So phase 6-10 are the view lots and they already have a large list of people waiting for those lots. They are technically "reserved" so as soon as they get to phase 6 they will sell fast I think through phase 10. Right now phase 4 is open - but they did get through phase 1-3 in 6 weeks since opening May 31st. Not sure how fast phase 4-5 will sell. But on the last price sheet I was surprised to see that plan 3 has surpassed $1.4mil

Is your purchase agreement for one of the view lots? Again not sure how the market is going to go but I don't foresee the prices dropping over the next few phases - maybe in the last few phases if they just want to sell the last ones (besides the models).

Let me know if we will end up being neighbors - sounds like our boys can set up a playdate - they sound about a similar age group  :)
[/quote]

Thanks for your input Paris. 

No view lots for us, that would be over $100K + latter phase increase for us.  We're in phase 4.  I drove by Capella today and did see that not all homes have the 2nd floor patio/terrace option.  But our lot will definitely have a 2nd floor patio with our neighbor's about 10 feet away. 

O Hills said:
Paris,

You'll see the following types of posters on TI:

1.  Genuinely Helpful.  They may be wrong, but they are really trying to help.

2.  Good Natured Sarcastic.  Won't offer anything helpful, but might make you smile/chuckle.

3.  Know it All.  Posters who derive self-worth by demonstrating how very smart they are.  They'll spend time trying to point out spelling mistakes, math and grammar errors on message boards.  They will dispute all to support their own view and find reasons to reject all evidence contrary their preconcieved notions.  May refer to others' views as "silly."  They are not mean spirited, but might unintentionally come off as jerks without realizing it.  They're people you'd avoid in every day life.

4.  Message Board Trolls/TI Mean Girls.  Posters whose lives are so empty, so devoid of purpose, that they actually derive satisfaction from trying to upset/anger other posters.  This type of person exists as a small percentage of any population.  Unfortunately, the anonymity of the message board brings them here in greater numbers.  Given the greater numbers, they are likely to find like-minded individuals and supporters.

When you seek the "collective wisdom" of TI, chances are very high you will get sarcarstic responses.
The one thing you should not do is show that you are upset by a post. 
    -- If it's good natured sacarsm, you've overreacted. 
    -- If it's Troll, you've given them exactly what they wanted and encouraged them (and their friends) to pile on. 

Thank the Genuinely Helpful-- they are a rare and special breed.
Laugh with the Good Natured Sarcastic.
Don't waste your time trying to convince the Know It All.
Handle Trolls/Mean Girls as you would any bully-- blast back or completely ignore.

Every poster has her own tightly held opinions, so take EVERYTHING, including this post, with a large grain of salt and healthy sense of humor.

I usually don't post only monitor but I just got back from vaca and saw this.
I might add some more categories, but it's really spot on. 
I think i know who fits in category 4.  Let's just say #utterlyamazingcommentary

thatOSguy said:
D WOW said:
I think i know who fits in category 4.  Let's just say #utterlyamazingcommentary

"Usually don't" = never.

You broke your cherry on... this? Wow. What a giver. We all have been enriched by your monitoring. Please, continue.

Looks like we've got a hybrid 2/3/4 alert.  Then again, look who's talking.

thatOSguy said:
D WOW said:

"Usually don't" = never.

You broke your cherry on... this? Wow. What a giver. We all have been enriched by your monitoring. Please, continue.

Hey be easy on the guy/gal, the first time is always awkward.  :)

Remember your first post?

thatOSguy said:
D WOW said:

"Usually don't" = never.

How very crude.

If by "this" you mean a post that summed up TI posters very well and encouraged a poster that was taking things a little too seriously, then yes
i thought it was one of the better posts i've seen here.

Your response and this "conversation" is the reason i dont post.
But, yes, I will go back to TI silence, enjoying my time with family and friends.
You, and your clique, will go back to trying to fill the gaping holes in your lives by insulting people on this forum.
Good luck to you.
#walkoff

D WOW said:
thatOSguy said:
D WOW said:

"Usually don't" = never.

How very crude.

If by "this" you mean a post that summed up TI posters very well and encouraged a poster that was taking things a little too seriously, then yes
i thought it was one of the better posts i've seen here.

Your response and this "conversation" is the reason i dont post.
But, yes, I will go back to TI silence, enjoying my time with family and friends.
You, and your clique, will go back to trying to fill the gaping holes in your lives by insulting people on this forum.
Good luck to you.
#walkoff

Just tune him out. You shouldn't feel awkward for posting a comment. on TI.

Back