HELP: Bare floor with new build

newB

New member question:

I know many TI members have recommended to get bare floor if builder allows it.  Has anyone done this recently within the last 3-5 years with their new built?  What kind of issues did you face and what kind of things should I be mindful of?  Would love to hear any suggestions or recommendations even if you haven't done so?

I haven't aware of any builder allows bare floor at closing in recent years.

If the builder allows it, your bank might not.  A lot of  lender require flooring to be complete before funding the mortgage and allow escrow to be closed.

Also if the lender allows it, they usually require home owner to have flooring done within very short amount of time. 

Now if you are able to get bare floor, take extra consideration if the refrigerator is a build-in.  The build-in fridge should wait after the flooring is done before it can be installed.  Otherwise it has to be installed twice.

Polished concrete looks good very durable has that loft/industrial look, throw a few area rugs down and your good. Might be be a lil nippy in winter.

If your not going for that look what is the advantage/disadvantage for not installing before COE???

Back