Helicopter parents...don't do it!

Today helicopter parenting, he says, is an increasing sign of the influence of the middle-class.

If you as the parents did well for yourselves without "helicopter parents", then why would you do it to your children?  It doesn't make sense to me. 

Anyway, I think they do cut their bread too...at least they do the laundry.  I know people whose parents did their laundry until they moved out when they were in their late 20's.

Apparently living in the safest city in the universe is also where most parents don't let their kids walk to school by themselves and among other hovering OCD behaviors.

In Irvine you don't worry about your kid getting killed by a gang for walking around in a wrong colored t-shirt.  You do worry about your daughter learning to turn amateur tricks so she can get a Prada bag.

Have you been checking Backpage again? The advertisers are mostly young Asian girls doing this behind their parents back for extra cash to buy luxury goods.

nosuchreality said:
In Irvine you don't worry about your kid getting killed by a gang for walking around in a wrong colored t-shirt.  You do worry about your daughter learning to turn amateur tricks so she can get a Prada bag.

Back