Heat + Wind tomorrow

ps99472

just got a weather warning from my swackett app for tomorrow... hot and windy.. turn on the sprinklers tonight.. and set it for midday tomorrow... especially for Portola Springs folks.. :-\

ps9 said:
just got a weather warning from my swackett app for tomorrow... hot and windy.. turn on the sprinklers tonight.. and set it for midday tomorrow... especially for Portola Springs folks.. :-\
And then it's going to rain on Sunday.  :(

ps9 said:

I thought turning sprinklers on during the day isn't good for plants and grass because the water acts as a magnifying glass to the plants and literally burns them...

Ugh! I hate windy nights. I can hardly sleep with all that noise.. at least now the trees are a bit mature. When we moved in, they would create a ruckus out there.

When I first moved in, every month there would be a tree toppled over... Called HOA many times...don't know how many times they "fixed" the tree in front off my place

ps9 said:
When I first moved in, every month there would be a tree toppled over... Called HOA many times...don't know how many times they "fixed" the tree in front off my place

I remember! Once all the trees at the turnout were bent..
I think the worst winds were two years ago around new year's. Many trees around technology drive were down.

I have stocked up groceries and I will make alternative transportation arrangements. How about you? :) vanilla Irvine, tch tch. Time for a shake up so that we can put something on FB and discuss!

ps9 said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Heat - yes... wind - not so much... yet.

and it starts.. doors-a-banging.. wow, we sound like wimps, collectively tracking slight wind and 80 degree heat :p

We'll discuss the killer rain on Sunday (per USC) tomorrow :)

Back