Have you ever been in a fist fight?

I don't think you know what a Mexican looks like either unless you trespass into TIC's construction sites or stay after open house at your kids school. I know Sukhee counted them as the Irvine diversity demographic eventhough they are well hidden in this city. Other than that same one that walks his dog in Woodbury like an extra in the movie set we were lead to believe that are literally hundreds in Woodbury.

Mexican siting is rare in Irvine. I learned a few tricks over the years that will guarantee seeing one. They are around but hidden like cockroaches. One method is to follow an IPD vehicle. In just a few minutes the officer will stop a Mexican driver for no reason. Another is to sneak into a filthy Chinese restaurant kitchen to see two or more. There you will get to see 2 types of cockroaches. The last method is to get out of bed really early in your one piece Pokeman sleepwear because you would already be awaken by their blower at the crack of dawn. When you go outside to see them they avoid eye contact with you. You really have to look hard to see their faces. Believe it or not they dropped by your home at at least 10 times a day. Just count how many sheets of paper at your front door stoop and around your door knob.

Could not find a picture depicting a Mexican with a tiny dog. The entire Internet has not even one picture. That is sad for a Mexican.

I think the Mexicans can't even afford a taco to feed their kids let alone a pet dog. Only the few who could escape poverty has the privilege to cross breed and have pets.

I'm amazed that there are any "No" answers here at all.  It would be one thing if the question were limited to fights as an adult, but I didn't think it was possible to grow up and not get into fights - and not just between brothers either.

Also, in answer to RKP's twist, sure, I've had my fair share of weapons  pulled on me and used against me as well.

some of my friends who grew up in south OC said there were no school yard fights even in elementary school.  maybe it was LAUSD and the ghetto schools i went to but there was a real fight every single day of school

I have been mugged several times with an assortment of weapons from hammer, knife, bat, and gun. From these traumatic experience I seeked refuge in the safest city in the universe where crime is non existence and only registered as suicide without a wallet.

Agree with winex. I fought my brother regulary, fought at school, church, summer camps, and sparred with friends. We thought of UFC before it started...we'd spar to find out which martial arts was better. But I will admit I was often the one who instigated and never knew when to shut up. Last time I fought was 10 years ago in a club when I was working at the Big 4. Afterwards, thought about the consequences (possible black eye/missing teeth) and realized it was time to stop.

MovingOnUp said:
Agree with winex. I fought my brother regulary, fought at school, church, summer camps, and sparred with friends. We thought of UFC before it started...we'd spar to find out which martial arts was better. But I will admit I was often the one who instigated and never knew when to shut up. Last time I fought was 10 years ago in a club when I was working at the Big 4. Afterwards, thought about the consequences (possible black eye/missing teeth) and realized it was time to stop.

Actually I don't think fights with siblings count.  That's just part of growing up.  Of course some fights among siblings are more violent than others.  The majority of times I have been in fights were weapons were pulled and/or used on me were with my brother.

As for friends, is it really possible to have a fight with a friend?  My childhood predated the UFC stuff, but I would consider what you are describing more as rough housing or playing around than an actual fight.

Of the people who have posted in this thread, I think RKP comes closest to understanding the kind of environment I am referring to.

winex said:
I'm amazed that there are any "No" answers here at all.  It would be one thing if the question were limited to fights as an adult, but I didn't think it was possible to grow up and not get into fights - and not just between brothers either.
Some of us lived in protective bubbles.

There was another fight I was supposed get into (one of those "meet me after school" ones)... but it never happened. By the time the end of school got closer, the other guy chickened out. It was stressful because I was planning in my 12-year old mind the different kung-fu moves I was going to use (or at least thought I was going to use... I didn't know kung-fu back then... but every kid THINKS he knows kung-fu).

I would rather my kids never have to get in fights as "part of growing up"... didn't some girl just die recently from getting into a fight over a boy?

Isn't the first rule of Fight Club not to talk about Fight Club?

No. I've not since grade school when I had one bought of fisticuffs with a tool who deserved it. I can probably comment more freely when the subject of college binge drinking arises. There's nothing that says "I love higher education!" like waking up in a gutter after a Frat party....

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People

winex said:
SoCal78 said:
Winex, you're alive! I hope you're doing well.

Hi Amber, yes I am both alive and doing well.  How have you been?

Very well, thank you. We finally bought again last summer. Left Irvine. I've been busy with the house.

I don't think most of us can understand what rough is. Rough is when one soccer mom driving a Mercedes cut off another mom driving a BMW at the school loading zone.

Back