"Have The Federal Reserve Or Prime Brokers Ever Tried To Manipulate The Stock Market?"

BondTrader_IHB

Rep. Alan Grayson: I would like to know whether it is within the Federal Reserve's legal authority to try to manipulate the stock market or the futures market.

Federal Reserve General Counsel Scott Alvarez: I don't believe the Federal Reserve tries to manipulate the stock market.

Alan Grayson: Does the Federal Reserve actually possess all the gold that's listed on their balance sheet.

Scott Alvarez, doing a classic poker body language tell, and taking his time: Yes...

Alan Grayson: Who actually executes the trades for the Federal Reserve in the markets?

Scott Alvarez: The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which executes trades through Primary Dealers.

Alan Grayson: Can you name one Primary Dealer?

Scott Alvarez: JP Morgan Chase

Alan Grayson: Do you mind if we have a GAO audit to see if there has been front-running or insider trading by them? Do you mind? Is that ok with you?

Scott Alvarez: I am not sure if I have that authority...

Grayson: I said manipulate the stock market, or the futures market; wouldn't we want to know?

Alvarez: (silence)

Grayson: Yes or No?

Alvarez: Could you define what you mean by ...

Garyson: I think you know what I mean Mr. Alvarez. Now wouldn't it be very helpful to have a GAO audit on that subject? Wouldn't it?

Alvarez: I don't know what it is you're seeking to audit.

<strong>Make sure you watch the video</strong>

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ha...nipulate-stock-market-how-about-prime-brokers

Doncha just love Grayson?

And it looks like HR 1207? is gonna pass.

If Joe 6 is able to see what the Fed has bought, will he care?

[quote author="OC_Boston_Bay" date=1254170372]Armageddon is upon us and I am giddy!</blockquote>
That's only because you have short positions set up, huh? ;)

Back