Has anyone run surround sound in the living room of the plan 3 at Camden?

Zorak_IHB

Hey all,

I'm closing on a plan 3 at Camden Place in November and would like to mount a flat screen over the fireplace. Lennar now pre-wires that spot for a TV but I'm curious if anyone has run surround sound and if so, how did you hide the speaker wires (or did you hide them)?

Also, does anyone know where I can get the list of approved plants for the patio area?

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to moving in (although the HOA issues make me a little nervous).

I don't know if this will do the trick, but this is a pretty neat speaker:

<a href="http://www.soliddrive.com/">Solid Drive</a>.

There are fire breaks in the walls (ie. some board like a 2x4 or something running horizontally), so drilling though those to run wires though seems like a pain and a not great idea that might allow a fire to spread up behind the drywall one day.

For plants, try and find some that like it hot - it can get very very hot on the balcony in full sun. A self watering planter is a good idea otherwise your plants are toast if you have to go away for the weekend or something. The pretty dark colored ceramic pots are also a bad idea for that reason (ie. get really hot & kill the roots of the plants) - cheapo light colored plastic pots work fine. Also, ants seem to prefer living with some plants - ask the nursery, and avoid those and save yourself the pain of dealing with ants from a nest in your planter running amok in your house.

[quote author="Anonymous" date=1254991690]There are fire breaks in the walls (ie. some board like a 2x4 or something running horizontally), so drilling though those to run wires though seems like a pain and a not great idea that might allow a fire to spread up behind the drywall one day...</blockquote>

The wall behind the fireplace and media niche in Plan 3s is an interior wall (stairwell is directly behind), so I don't think there's a fire break issue.

I don't have a referral, but I'd find your installer now so that they can view the walls without drywall (on your place or one of the last buildings being built right now. This is what my neighbor with a Plan 2 did.

Are you sure you want to mount the TV above the fireplace. I know a lot of people do this, but that is really high. You will literally still be looking up at the TV when you're standing. A 46/47" TV fits perfectly in the media niche - is that too small for you?

[quote author="Perspective" date=1255051152]Are you sure you want to mount the TV above the fireplace. I know a lot of people do this, but that is really high. You will literally still be looking up at the TV when you're standing. A 46/47" TV fits perfectly in the media niche - is that too small for you?</blockquote>

I also see this all the time, although I think smoke and soot and expensive electronics don't mix. Unless you aren't planning on using the fireplace, this strikes me as it might tend to shorten the lifespan of the television.

Back