"You had me at hello."

And my personal favorite:

"I love black people!!!"

Oh wait... that's not very romantic.

irvinehomeowner said:
And my personal favorite:

"I love black people!!!"

Oh wait... that's not very romantic.

What? What? WHAT? Where did that love come from? :) *Totally clueless about the reference*

I haven't watched Jerry Maguire..
Funny thing: Couldn't even watch that two minute clip of "The Notebook"- how can anyone sit through the entire movie filled with such stuff??

So did any men of TI remember Valentine's Day on their own? Did you do anything special?

We drove a few hours north to Solvang which is a Danish village in the Santa Ynez valley, north of Santa Barbara. Thursday and Friday were furlough days for our kids' school district so we had a great time visiting Mission Santa Ines, dining at some fabulous places where we had traditional Aebleskivers (Danish pancake balls) and the best Bananas Foster I've ever had in my life. Did some shopping and took in the sights - it is really beautiful up there. Very green. I visited a Parisian spa. We fed ostriches and emus on our last day. Ostriches are really creepy animals up close. They were super aggressive, have a telescope neck and eyeballs as big as saucers. I bought ostrich jerky to take home. They're not very cute but they're tasty.

Speaking of travelling...

Fun Road Trip #27:

64525_416757668398516_864485460_n.jpg

Danish people are nice and they celebrate their cultural in such genuine ways. Sign, I wish our rich Chinese neighbors could put their spare changes together and build an authentic and beautiful Chinese style village in the middle of nowhere for all to enjoy. I can really do without the Buddist temple in between modern office buildings or a 99 Ranch market within 3 miles of every direction.

I really enjoyed having my first chance to turn the tables on an Asian person last week when I was in Solvang.

Rewind a week: I was helping out in my little boy's classroom. There is another little boy in there who I LOVE. He is SO, SO CUTE!!! I just want to take him home and keep him. I love him. Anyway, I know for a fact he's Filipino because I've talked to his mother. The boy and I were talking and I said, "Hey, you're really cute." He said, "I know." I asked, "Are you Filipino??" He said, "No! I'm American!! (Duh!)"

NOTED!

A few days later in Solvang, an Asian tourist guy asks me if I'm Danish. My response: "No! I'm American! (Duh!)"

:)

SoCal said:
I really enjoyed having my first chance to turn the tables on an Asian person last week when I was in Solvang.

Rewind a week: I was helping out in my little boy's classroom. There is another little boy in there who I LOVE. He is SO, SO CUTE!!! I just want to take him home and keep him. I love him. Anyway, I know for a fact he's Filipino because I've talked to his mother. The boy and I were talking and I said, "Hey, you're really cute." He said, "I know." I asked, "Are you Filipino??" He said, "No! I'm American!! (Duh!)"

NOTED!

A few days later in Solvang, an Asian tourist guy asks me if I'm Danish. My response: "No! I'm American! (Duh!)"

:)

::)

Back