Handguns

Park

Anybody on this board own any hand guns.  I'm looking for a gun range to practice with my glock 9mm.  I thought there was a gun range off Irvine Blvd near the prison but can't seem to find it.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Park said:
Anybody on this board own any hand guns.  I'm looking for a gun range to practice with my glock 9mm.  I thought there was a gun range off Irvine Blvd near the prison but can't seem to find it.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

I've had good experience at On Target indoor range off of I5 & Crown Valley.

27692 Camino Capistrano, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677http://ontargetrange.com/ontargetrange/range-info

On Target.

BLM used to allow open air shooting in the Lake Elsinore area, but discontinued it during the fire season/drought. Check with them first (of course) before heading out, but if it's open, I much prefer this venue versus On Target. Buy a hand chucker and a box of clay pidgeons, bring a friend, and fire away - safely.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/shooting.html

Last BLM shooting area we visited was off of the 74 and 15. About a 1 mile behind the Lowe's and Costco. Easy to get to, relatively speaking.

My .02c

Their used to be a gun club in Irvine...back in the hills where Jeffrey dead ends (passed Portola). Not sure if it is still their or not. 

Rauhauge's in Corona, I'm very close to the 241 so it's fairly close to where I currently live.
You can pretty much shoot steel ammo and can go Rambo(rapid fire). Whether it's shotguns, rifles or pistols, it's pretty much a go, except for select fire because Commiefornia.

I also like trap/skeet shooting at Prado.

On Target is nice, but I prefer outdoor ranges.

Park said:

OC Indoor Shooting Range in Brea is possibly the lowest cost indoor range in OC, with $30 monthly membership.  You can bring a guest for $10.  The facilities are pretty basic, but acceptable for the price.  For $30 you could go every day for a month.

FT3 Tactical in Stanton has very nice indoor facilities and allow rifles.  They're a bit pricy but has cameras and flat screens so you can just look up at the TV in your shooting bay and see where you hit on paper.

For trap/skeet, Prado is cheaper than Triple B Clays.  Prado has 25 and 50 yard outdoor range for pistol and rimfire calibers.  They only allow law enforcement to shoot centerfire.  They also allow muzzle loaders and air rifles.

iacrenter said:
Park said:

I've had good experience at On Target indoor range off of I5 & Crown Valley.

27692 Camino Capistrano, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677http://ontargetrange.com/ontargetrange/range-info

I also recommend visiting old school gun shop nearby called "Elite Firearms".  The lady who runs it is very nice.  They have some interesting new and used guns in stock.  Even the negative yelp reports say they have really nice staff.  ^_^

p.s. For the budget conscious, gander mountain has .22 lr for 5 or 6 cents a round when in stock.  They don't stay in stock for long so have to check status during the week and order quickly. Free shipping on orders over $50.

Check your local laws before ordering.  When in doubt e-mail the police department and get a reply in writing -- I have an e mail from the unit commander of my local sheriff station.  Also some PO box providers like UPS store don't like to handle ammunition and powder.

momopi said:
p.s. For the budget conscious, gander mountain has .22 lr for 5 or 6 cents a round when in stock.  They don't stay in stock for long so have to check status during the week and order quickly. Free shipping on orders over $50.

Check your local laws before ordering.  When in doubt e-mail the police department and get a reply in writing -- I have an e mail from the unit commander of my local sheriff station.  Also some PO box providers like UPS store don't like to handle ammunition and powder.
22LR is near impossible to find because everyone is hoarding. Bastards.

Hoofhearted said:
momopi said:

22LR is near impossible to find because everyone is hoarding. Bastards.

Turners has large supply of federal auto match, Remington thunderbolt, and CCI subsonic.  LAX ammo has fiocchi.  Sometimes stuff is not on retail floor and you have to ask.  Rifle gear has stacks of federal auto match cartons on retail display but you have to ask for CCI mini mag from the back (limit 6 x 100 rd box per customer).

Expect to pay 8-10 cents per rd retail.  I don't really understand people who hoard random .22lr that don't even shoot well in their firearms.  When ammo supply is low or expensive I just switch to air rifles.  Much easier to clean.  Daisy 74 with bottle of 6000 BB's is the most fun I have had in years.

Back