Guy in chair watching traffic on Irvine Blvd. Near toll road entrance/Great Park

NewToOC_IHB

For at least the past two days I've seen a gentleman sitting in a chair right next to the Toll Road entrance right before the Great Park and right after the intersection with Sand Canyon. This is at 7:45am or so. He parks his car a little further down Irvine Blvd off on the shoulder.

Any ideas what that is about? He seems to be watching the cars on Irvine Blvd vs. people getting on the toll road but he doesn't have a notepad or really appear to be doing anything but staring. For some reason I find it a bit unnerving. Then again I've watched both seasons of 'Sleeper Cell' the past few weeks so I'm a bit paranoid.

I have noticed people around this area doing similar things... yale and irvine blvd, brian and el camino

I think they are tracking traffic. They are there for about 2 days and then they move on.

I thought that must be the case. Still weird this guy doesn't seem to be counting or really doing anything. I've seen traffic studies before in the DC area and they seem more active somehow.

I think so too Skek! I love that Netflix had it as a watch now option. I'm bummed there is no third season. The acting and writing was very solid. I'm amazed I didn't hear more about it.

Momo - I removed that picture in your post. Come on... you know that was not appropriate. And, you know I am by far a very liberal person when it comes to content.

graphrix sad :down: very sad graphrix

[quote author="graphrix" date=1214460185]Momo - I removed that picture in your post. Come on... you know that was not appropriate. And, you know I am by far a very liberal person when it comes to content.

graphrix sad :down: very sad graphrix</blockquote>

Apologies!

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1214456017]I thought that must be the case. Still weird this guy doesn't seem to be counting or really doing anything. I've seen traffic studies before in the DC area and they seem more active somehow.</blockquote>

I've seen some that have the small click-counters in their hands. These would be difficult to see at high speed!

[quote author="skek" date=1214459591][quote author="NewToOC" date=1214456448]I think so too Skek! I love that Netflix had it as a watch now option. I'm bummed there is no third season. The acting and writing was very solid. I'm amazed I didn't hear more about it.</blockquote>

I know some people who ... umm, would know about such things ... and they tell me that Sleeper Cell is the most accurate depiction of domestic counter-terrorism Hollywood has produced, particularly season one.</blockquote>

Interesting! Maybe that's why its so compelling. Also Penny from Lost! is/was on the show. Let's hope she meets a happier ending on Lost.

Back