Great Park golf course approved

That is great news!  The golf course will bring a level of affluence and the water park will be located near the Spectrum/Metrolink station.  A win win.

Glad they are building the golf course.. makes the place more high end, good for values.  Yeah a garden would have been nice, but hey.. all good.

I would like the water park back.. as long as it doesn't turn out like.. well, goes without saying. 
https://vimeo.com/10845289

Shame on golf course - I would think gardens on half that acreage would have brought a similar level of affluence.  Not sure I believe these revenue statistics at all given how many Golf Courses Orange County already has.  I'd be surprised if even 5% of GP residents golf.

Also, I'm not too concerned with the Water Park as long as it is towards Spectrum, of which it seems to be.  The more activities the surrounding areas, the better it'll be.

Now i'm interested in seeing Water Polo secure a location, maybe the Gardens making a comeback, and a better use of the open space.  A re-imagined library would complement that.

I just came back from Berlin and visited their Central Park, and it was absolutely beautiful.  Obviously we are a totally different environment , but if we can use native trees to similarly create many cool shaded spaces and walkways (and lets admit it - a Park gets more use when there are more trees that provide shade all over), it would be vastly superior to big green open fields.

Is the golf course public or a country club? If it's a public/municipal golf course, these are generally not as well maintained nor exclusive and do not result in the same attraction to buyers as a private country club course.

PrettyInGray said:
AA said:
That is great news!  The golf course will bring a level of affluence and the water park will be located near the Spectrum/Metrolink station.  A win win.

Yea! A great excuse for me to bring my golf club out once the golf course is developed. The golf course will attract more buyers to move down to GP, PS, and Altair!

GP and Altair; not PS.  PS will always be the value village..

perite11  Both you and any kids you have want the water park built.

That place will be packed with Irvine kids while the adults can go back to enjoying the community pools with 1/2 the splashy noisemakers as before. WIN!

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

eyephone said:
I wonder if the golf course soil is toxic or not?

If the city really wants to make money, let them put TOP GOLF in. 

Does anyone have a final "map" of the Great Park now that the cemetery is officially moved and we now have the golf course and the water park in place? 

AA said:
Does anyone have a final "map" of the Great Park now that the cemetery is officially moved and we now have the golf course and the water park in place?

is it too early for wild rivers?  They still have to negotiate.

Don't live in GP, but would love both a new golf course (avid golfer) and a water park for kids. And the fewer damned homes the better.

How about a dog park? :)

Here's some latest revision to the Great Park.

1. Extend Great Park Blvd from Parasol Park all the way to District 5.
2. Addition of two new pedestrian bridges over Great Park Blvd.
3. Relocation of the Golf Course main entry drive, clubhouse, and driving range.
4. Relocation of the Farm + Food Lab and dog park.

See attach maps.

Attachments

• Great Park Update 6-27-17 pic 2.jpg
    Great Park Update 6-27-17 pic 2.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Great Park Update 6-27-17 pic 1.jpg
    Great Park Update 6-27-17 pic 1.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 270
Also the circular area in the center is a urban agriculture, farming area call Full Circle Farm.
http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/s...rtwwcfwkdm4nzpr/1847793506282017075442206.PDF

The Orange County Great Park includes a 70-acre Agriculture area at the center of the Park as a component of the 688-acre Great Park Improvement Area. The City's longstanding agricultural lessee at the Great Park, A.G. Kawamura, has proposed an agricultural-based public amenity for the 70-acre area called the Full Circle Farm.

Attachments

• Full Circle Farm.jpg
    Full Circle Farm.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 152
I doubt Golf Course any add on to appreciation, a good example,  Oakcreek golf course added any value to the community, I wonder!!

Sunnyirvine said:
I doubt Golf Course any add on to appreciation, a good example,  Oakcreek golf course added any value to the community, I wonder!!

Maybe it did.

Back