Great Park & El Toro Base / Areas of Concern

Mety said:
From my personal experiences, HOAs are pain to deal with in every aspect. Your life is so much better if you don?t need to deal with them at all. Maybe it?s not the case if you?re part of the board members or something. But yeah, good luck with your voices being heard.

Yeah, HOA is a pain in the ass. I have a rental in Lake Elsinore and it has HOA even though there's absolutely no amenities whatsoever. I'm not even sure why there's HOA. My home in Eastvale doesn't have HOA. Every now and then I would get these violation letters. The latest one is that I have to re-paint the exterior of the house. The cheapest quote I got was $6k. That's why I'm going to sell the damn house when the lease expires in June.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
akkord said:
sleepy5136 said:
My argument was never about HOA being a deal breaker for home buyers. It was the fact that homeowners at GP have no say in what gets built. Last time I checked, most HOA?s do allow us to vote and the fact that you pay such a premium to live in GP and have no say in what gets built absolutely sucks.

Let me ask it another way, which Irvine and surrounding city's community do you have a say where MR goes?
If you pay HOA, you have a say in all communities that I?m aware about besides GP. Please inform me another community besides GP. Don?t know what you?re getting at here.

His point is that you're confusing HOA with MR. The 2% property tax that you kept referring to is MR, not HOA. MR goes to the City of Irvine. HOA goes to the Homeowners Association.

MR is used to build facilities in the neighborhoods, such as schools, fire departments, etc.

HOA is used for amenities in the community, such as pool, club house, etc. And you don't actually get a say in that either because all of that is decided and planned for before the community is built. After the community is built out, HOA is used for maintenance.
I think we are analyzing this way too much. The point being is if you're paying 1M+ per home, HOA $2xx+, and 2% taxes with no say in what gets built, that is a problem. Not to mention, you are getting squeezed in like sardines. When people say GP has the best facilities, to me that is expected. If akkord wants to get all technical and try to scrutinize the details, let him be.

Then how about the facilities at Serrano Summit? If I remember correctly, sleepy5136 lives there. With not having MR and ok HOA fees, is it not as good as GP's amenities where you pay ridiculously higher amount?

Mety said:
Then how about the facilities at Serrano Summit? If I remember correctly, sleepy5136 lives there. With not having MR and ok HOA fees, is it not as good as GP's amenities where you pay ridiculously higher amount?

MR is irrelevant when it comes to amenities at a community, such as Serrano Summit. That's all HOA.

Sometimes, it's good to have minimal MR to create infrastructures like school. Last I check with Meadows sales center, they don't have dedicated home school. You can apply to go Foothill or Portola elementary, but you may not get it.

The Meadows will probably belong to SVUSD, so most likely it will be Ranch Canada Elementary. Just like the Serrano Summit homes.

CalBears96 said:
The Meadows will probably belong to SVUSD, so most likely it will be Ranch Canada Elementary. Just like the Serrano Summit homes.

This is a gray area in RE. In my opinion I feel the school assignment is sometimes misleading.
To get the correct answer call the school district and dont go by rumors.
(Public service announcement for today)

I just want to say this is a great list, I am saving it. My personal problem with North Irvine in general is that it is a few degrees hotter in the summer, colder in the winter than south Irvine. After living in South Irvine for many years, it would bother me too much to live in North Irvine lol

irvinekids said:
I just want to say this is a great list, I am saving it. My personal problem with North Irvine in general is that it is a few degrees hotter in the summer, colder in the winter than south Irvine. After living in South Irvine for many years, it would bother me too much to live in North Irvine lol

After living in Eastvale for the past 15 years, North Irvine is a much milder climate for me.  ;D

Back