roundcorners_IHB
New member
I've been seeing this more and more, just today in Tustin Fields, can they really call this granite? Common...
That's the cheapo version on granite counter-tops...might as well call it a tile counter-top. Give me a slab or give me death. haharoundcorners said:I've been seeing this more and more, just today in Tustin Fields, can they really call this granite? Common...
![]()
That is usually caused when the surface that the granite is placed on is not perfectly level. The guy that put in my granite counter-tops spent hours sanding down the plywood surface to insure a perfectly level surface.SoCal78 said:I had a bad experience w/ slab, though. Mine cracked. At least with a tile, it's easy enough to replace a cracked one. You don't have to rip out the entire slab and break out all the backsplash too.
graphrix said:It's all about the eco-slabs, like the one's you can find at urban slabs here in good ol' Santa Ana.
Do you have these at your home? How are they?graphrix said:It's all about the eco-slabs, like the one's you can find at urban slabs here in good ol' Santa Ana.
tmare said:I think tile is pretty timeless.........but a major pain in the a**. I've had tile in every house I've owned, would love to get rid of it but I'm not sure what to replace it with since my house was built in the 30's and I hate it when people put in modern things in their vintage homes.
On all your countertops?freedomCM said:tmare said:I think tile is pretty timeless.........but a major pain in the a**. I've had tile in every house I've owned, would love to get rid of it but I'm not sure what to replace it with since my house was built in the 30's and I hate it when people put in modern things in their vintage homes.
butcher block.