Got Robo Call Bombed this Morning

icey

Has this one happened to anyone else? Not sure how these spammers got my phone number, I only give it out to friends, family, and anyone I'm doing business with that needs to get ahold of me fast.

Anyway I got about 15 calls between 8:30AM to 10:30AM this morning, and my number is on the do not call list, so anyone that left messages, I reported them to FTC.

Looks like some master spammer just started calling every 15 minutes but from a different number, all of them from real estate agents in Southern California (LA, OC, SD). So I blocked every number that called but that doesn't really stop the ones that haven't called yet lol.

For real estate agents that use this type of service, I understand you need to do what you need to do to get business, but this tarnishes your brand pretty badly in my eyes. The message is pretty generic "I understand you're looking to sell," doesn't mention the address or my name at all, plus I'm not looking to sell anyway, so it just looks thoughtless.

Now will need to create whitelist for only people that I want calling me as I'm on call 24/7 so can't turn my phone off.

Anyone else had this happen and know what service is behind it?

I did not get Robo-called but was wondering if anyone else got a call from the City of Irvine Police Department Friday at 1:45 am?

We are all asleep and I get one of those automated calls saying the "missing person has been found".  I was so annoyed. 

abcd1234 said:
I did not get Robo-called but was wondering if anyone else got a call from the City of Irvine Police Department Friday at 1:45 am?

We are all asleep and I get one of those automated calls saying the "missing person has been found".  I was so annoyed. 

Was it legit or someone impersonating them?

Back