Goodbye Dubai !!!

Is there anyone even trying to do something about this situation? After all, much of the money spent developing this horrible place came from US tourism, I've met a few people who vacationed there. I think it's time to write our elected officials

[quote author="tmare" date=1239411293]Is there anyone even trying to do something about this situation? After all, much of the money spent developing this horrible place came from US tourism, I've met a few people who vacationed there. I think it's time to write our elected officials</blockquote>

They are doing the same to workers over here in the US except they are way more cunning and discreet about it...

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1239412323][quote author="tmare" date=1239411293]Is there anyone even trying to do something about this situation? After all, much of the money spent developing this horrible place came from US tourism, I've met a few people who vacationed there. I think it's time to write our elected officials</blockquote>

They are doing the same to workers over here in the US except they are way more cunning and discreet about it...</blockquote>

Do tell.

Workers in the U.S. (when the economy was doing well) made enough to send money back to their families and have some left over for themselves, and now (when the economy is not doing well) have the option of going back to their homeland, completely different from the Dubai model of taking passports away, working them to death and not allowing them to go home.

[quote author="tkaratz" date=1239347172]GREAT ARTICLE!!!

"All the people who couldn't succeed in their own countries end up here, and suddenly they're rich and promoted way above their abilities and bragging about how great they are. I've never met so many incompetent people in such senior positions anywhere in the world."

This quote is dead on except for the fact that the most incompetent managers are the emirates themselves. </blockquote>

There is nothing new. Some of Brit ex-pats in Dubai were even the traditional "Failed in London, Try Hong Kong," FILTH. Some others I know moved from marketing time share/retirement properties in southern Spain to Dubai. Quite a wreckage they left behind there. I don't think it will end up better in Dubai.

Back