Good Rental Company

asianinvasian_IHB

Can anyone refer me to a good rental company that handles everything - marketing, sales, collection, maintenance, etc? Preferably located in Irvine or NB. First hand experience with said company appreciated.

Not sure if <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/member/1052/">IrvineRealtor</a> does all of that, but I believe he does, then for one unit I would recommend him. I don't personally use him as a property manager, but I am familiar with those that he does manage and personally know of some of the work involved, and I can say it is top notch. If you are talking about just a few units here and there, whether you use IR2 or not, this would probably be the most efficient way to do it.

If you were talking about a managing a multi-unit building, or have a portfolio of 10 units or more, then finding a property management co. would be best. I wish I could say that the co. we use is great, but they are just alright. I think you will find this to be the case for most of them, and all will most likely have flaws that will annoy you at some point. Maybe someone else knows of a great co., and I can look into them too. But, the co. we use is cheap, so we get what we pay for.

This is a great thread from AI. We should try to have a referral system for good property management companies as practically 90% of them are worthless. Any PM companies that anyone would recommend and should avoid? IR2, what type of services do you provide in property management?

[quote author="PANDA" date=1255833114]This is a great thread from AI. We should try to have a referral system for good property management companies as practically 90% of them are worthless. Any PM companies that anyone would recommend and should avoid? IR2, what type of services do you provide in property management?</blockquote>

Previously posted <strong><a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/5155/#108432">here</a></strong>.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1241864166][quote author="Shamu" date=1241849911]Thank You usc for the prompt response. Do you think I should get an agent to represent me so he/she can post it on MLS? or should I <strong>just advertise it on craiglist</strong>?</blockquote>

Welcome Shamu,

<strong>Why not both? </strong>

I'll offer in here too... here's my proposal:

1.<span style="color: red;"> You can advertise on craigslist on your own.</span>

and simultaneously

2. <span style="color: blue;">I'll advertise on MLS, zillow, realtor.com, trulia, craigslist, homes.com, googlebase, oodle, Vast, Hotpads, Geebo, and Viewr.

I'll get you a lockbox with timed, traceable access, and do a full background/employment/credit check on any candidates before their offers are presented to you.

I'll write the copy and post 20 photos + video tour for your listing, plus a floorplan shot if available.

If the tenant defaults, I handle evictions.

If the toilet backs up, I handle plungers, too.

You pay $100 to cover my photographer's time. (He gets paid for his time, and deservedly so.)</span>

If you get a tenant on your own work, you don't owe a dime beyond the photos. Call me to cancel the listing agreement, no questions asked.

If I bring an offer that you find acceptable, you pay 6% to Coldwell Banker (no additional broker transaction fee) and I earn my keep.

I think it's fair, and I like my odds.

Local references available upon request.

PM me if interested.

-IR2</blockquote>

Here's a current sample: <strong><a href="http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1304-Scholarship_Irvine_CA_92612_1112336711">1304 Scholarship, Irvine</a></strong>

Back