Good and bad of Cypress Village

akkord said:
Sorry it was Woodbury East...my wife hates all those communities, they all look similar...also met USC at your open house. 

scubasteve said:
akkord said:
scubasteve said:
Still loving my California Garage.  Small but fully functional!

Never lived in SG...https://imgur.com/a/Z0CGshj

So when I can swing by for a workout?  :)  I doubt you remember me, but I met you at your open house in Stonegate when you sold. 

i've met so many people so apologize.. we should all do a TI happy hour or something.  I nominate  USC to setup!

scubasteve said:
i've met so many people so apologize.. we should all do a TI happy hour or something.  I nominate  USC to setup!

No worries, a lot of people do want to stay anonymous even though I've met my fair share of TI members. I get together with USC and a couple others on the board regularly, ping USC or you can PM me and I'll reach out if you don't want to stay anonymous. 

curious george said:
Mety said:
As long as the home is far away enough from I-5 freeway and Sand Canyon, it's fine. At that point, it will be just like Stonegate or Eastwood since most homes there have similar floor plans/looks with elementary schools inside the village.

(oops :eek:).

what's considered to be far enough?

The study says you want to live at least 1000 feet away from freeways or busy roads. From that point, you can't really hear the noise either.

irvinehomeowner said:
Found one:
https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/cypress-village/mulberry/residence-3/

- The California Garage features flexible garage designs inspired by your lifestyle including an optional office, gym, playroom, dog wash and more
- Wide homesite configuration creates a dramatic streetscape presence

fp.png

I guess it's still L-shaped. I thought I saw some that were just a rectangle.

So the California Garage is pretty much more trash space... I mean more storage area. 

How many people do you know park 3 cars in a 3 car wide garage?  Or is it 2 and storage? I have a 3 car and the 3rd is all storage (though tandem 3rd).  I know others who have 3 car wide and only park 2 or maybe only 1 car in their garage.  I think the 3 car wide is more for the driveway space, the garage is still used for storage regardless if its a 3, 2, or CA garage.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Found one:
https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/cypress-village/mulberry/residence-3/

- The California Garage features flexible garage designs inspired by your lifestyle including an optional office, gym, playroom, dog wash and more
- Wide homesite configuration creates a dramatic streetscape presence

fp.png

I guess it's still L-shaped. I thought I saw some that were just a rectangle.

So the California Garage is pretty much more trash space... I mean more storage area.

Mety said:

Maybe for you. I had to sacrifice one garage spot for my garage gym. It would be nice to be able to park 2 cars inside, instead of one on the driveway.

HMart said:
Mety said:

Maybe for you. I had to sacrifice one garage spot for my garage gym. It would be nice to be able to park 2 cars inside, instead of one on the driveway.

#firstworldproblems

paydawg said:
HMart said:
Mety said:

#firstworldproblems

Garage gym. No offense, but is that really okay in terms of health issues? The reason you want a gym in your home is because you care about your health. But is it okay to exercise at a space where the car pollution(gas, oil, engine smell) is present? If you have an electrical car, then maybe a little better. If you have a home where there are two separate garages, then that's fine too I guess. But in case of spaces like California Garage where you have a car right next/in front of you, I can't imagine doing much stuff there since I wouldn't want to smell car gas/engine/oil/whatever. Maybe someone like you who have a garage gym can give us some tips.

Mety said:
paydawg said:
HMart said:
Mety said:

#firstworldproblems

Garage gym. No offense, but is that really okay in terms of health issues? The reason you want a gym in your home is because you care about your health. But is it okay to exercise at a space where the car pollution(gas, oil, engine smell) is present? If you have an electrical car, then maybe a little better. If you have a home where there are two separate garages, then that's fine too I guess. But in case of spaces like California Garage where you have a car right next/in front of you, I can't imagine doing much stuff there since I wouldn't want to smell car gas/engine/oil/whatever. Maybe someone like you who have a garage gym can give us some tips.

It doesn't bother me and I don't worry about it.

I also don't own a gas guzzler. Sometimes I keep the garage door or the side yard door open. If it really bothered me, I'd get an air purifier.https://www.costco.com/air-purifiers.html

Mety said:
paydawg said:
HMart said:
Mety said:

#firstworldproblems

I posted a picture of my setup but  CA garage is pretty much a separate room with the gym option.  There is drywall separating the room from the main garage.  You enter the room from the backyard.

Moot for me anyways since I have 2 EVs and everything else gives you cancer anyways =)

Back